Sunday, March 22, 2009

been a while.....

Yes, I am still around, and this post is to prove it. :-)

Nothing overly exciting been going on since my last post 3 weeks ago. Morgan and Cassie spent a week down in Florida at my mom's house. They had a great time, and really enjoyed themselves. They visited Universal Studios, and got a chance to see the Space Shuttle launch by just standing in my mother's driveway. Morgan has pictures up on her blog and Facebook pages.

Otherwise, Morgan and Cassie have been just doing "their thing", while I have been working, and that is much appreciated by me, when my mind is in "tax season" mode. This tax season has been a "bear", and I will really need to crank it up these last 3 1/2 weeks, with many nights going to 11pm or later. I have been conscious about not working past 9pm any night, so I will not burn myself out, but I did not anticipate so many new clients this year, so I am still a bit behind in my "to do" pile. It looks like I will go over the 300 count in terms of personal tax returns, which will be about a 15% increase. I feel truly blessed to be doing so well, and this "bump" will help me plan my workdays better next tax season. I caused this myself in February, where I probably should have worked a few more late nights. Oh well, it will all get done in time, and I am better prepared for the future years.

I do stop each Saturday at 3pm to get ready for Saturday evening church services, and then do not work on Sundays. I answer my e-mails, but I do not work on a tax return after 3pm on Saturday until I start again on Monday morning.

Did take some time out to celebrate my 43rd birthday this weekend. Had a nice dinner out on Friday evening, and went to see the Hurricanes play the Capitals on Saturday night. The Canes' are playing real well right now, and they came away with a 4-1 win.

Last week, we got the phone call from Wake Christian Academy that Cassie has a spot in their sixth grade class. We had been thinking, discussing, and praying about the situation for a while now. While our first choice was for Cassie to return to WCA, we had come to peace (somewhat ;-) ) with her going back to public school, if the WCA door was shut on us. Now we just need to finish the interview process, to finish off her application and acceptance. Cassie is excited to go back to WCA, although a little bummed about leaving her current school. This is mostly because she really likes the year-round schedule, and to tell you the truth, Morgan & I really like that schedule also. Easier for her to be off 3 or 4 weeks at a time, at different times of the year, instead of 10 weeks during summer.

That is pretty much what has been going on, so I'm done for now. Only have a little more time before I am back at the desk tomorrow morning. Hope all is going well with all of you, and I look forward to doing more writing next month after the 15th has passed by.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Good to see ya... and glad that you have had a great birthday this weekend. :) I am really happy that you have had more clients.. what a blessing! Hang in there... not much longer.