Wednesday, February 11, 2009

and the nominees are.....

Work has me really backed up, so this will be short as I have been at this desk for almost 13 hours. So far 28 returns completed, 12 in the "pile of shame" (means they are missing information), another 12 have appointments set, and 27 are in the pile on my desk waiting to be worked on. And it is only February 11th. I can't remember ever having so many returns already in the office this early into tax season. This is a good thing, and I feel blessed that I am busy, but I also feel a bit overwhelmed because this is busier then normal.

Combine the large number this early with still wrapping up corporate work from 2008, and the January work that needs to be done for corporate clients (payroll and sales taxes), and I keep leaving here each night thinking nothing is getting done.

I will say that I am much calmer then I have been in prior years, and that is a good thing. I normally would be in "sweat mode" and not sleeping at night thinking of that large pile, but I know it will all get done.

OK, enough about me. On to my lovely wife. Once again, she and her morning show partners have been nominated for a ACM Award (scroll down to find Morgan). This is the 4th consecutive year that they have been nominated (ACM or CMA), and the 8th time in her career that Morgan has been nominated (CMAs and ACMs). I am extremely proud of her.

If you can, please visit Chris' page. He writes about some tests his baby daughter will be going through on Thursday (2/12). Thoughts and prayers to him and his family from all of us would be appreciated.

The Hurricanes have been playing better, but can't separate from the rest of the group fighting for those last playoff spots in the Eastern Conference. A nice 4 or 5 game winning streak would be the medicine to take some pressure off the guys.

And then there is the Stimulus Bill. You know I finally came around (thanks, Chris) and didn't want the Bailout. We see now how well that worked out. Doom and gloom if we didn't do it (guess these last 4 months have been roses and honey). Well, I hate this garbage even more. God save us, because these clowns in Washington are doing their best to ruin us.

OK, done. Off to the DVR to watch Lost with my ACM Nominated wife (But she can't get too close because she is fighting a cold. Don't want germs. :-0 ).

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, thanks, Sal! We still won't know anything until her pediatrician gets the results and gives us a call (and we may not really know much until her neurologist appointment), but the MRI went very well. It's always a bit hairy with babies since the only way they'll be still for 30 minutes is to sedate them, but the doctors and nurses at Scottish Rite are awesome and Rebekah was a trooper through it all.

Thanks again. We're leaning on God's promise to be there for us and the fact that Rebekah was "fearfully and wonderfully made."

Sal Cartusciello said...

Not a problem, Chris. Glad everything went well this morning.

Kellie said...

I will be praying for Chris' little jewel and his family. I know that is hard!

Again... glad to hear about Morgan. :)

I'm proud of you for not "sweatin'" the taxes. God will give you all you need to get through those piles.

What did you think of LOST? Every week gives me new insight... and new questions. lol!