Tuesday, December 16, 2008

bye, bye cars.....

I guess we can say that the moving officially started today. All of our cars were put on trucks/carriers and are on their way cross country to meet up with us in NC.

It started at 8am this morning when the gentleman came to take the Viper. I hate driving that thing, but with Morgan working, I had to take it up around the block to the carrier. It was a pretty large enclosed carrier, and the driver, Rich, was a nice guy. He has so many stops to make, he won't be delivering it back to us until about the 29th of the month.

Then in the early afternoon the other truck came to take the Pathfinder and Sportrac. Once we emptied them out our our important stuff, and put back in stuff we wanted in them (I put all my motorcycle extras in mine, while Morgan snuck in her cooking liquors that movers will not take), that was it. The driver, Al, started loading them up, and our part was done.

He will actually get across early, and wanted to know if he could drop them off on the 23rd. I told him "yes", but nobody would be there to pay him, so he will wait until Friday the 26th instead. Good idea. :-)

Unless some sort of "surprise" happens (which would only be of the bad variety), they are going to close on the house next week on Tuesday, December 23rd. Now I will see if I can move up some of the installations. Hopefully one or two can be moved. I also see a very large BJ's Warehouse trip that first weekend.

Otherwise, things are winding down pretty normally. Need to get a little "January work" done for a few clients now so that it is sitting in my computer, and ready to "spit out", once I start working again on January 5th.

The following Christmas poem was emailed to me by Barney (who's mom, Barbara sent it to him), who along with his wife, Jamie, has been part of Morgan's and my small group at church. Barney also took the New Believers Guide to the Bible class with me. (Both he and I looked for an author or reference, but did not find anyone to give the proper credit to for writing this.)

It started with Mary, so humble and mild, With the heart of a woman and the faith of a child.
She rose above anything she might have feared To answer "Amen" when the angel appeared.
And on that first Christmas, in spite of that cold, A sweet newborn baby was all hers to hold.
Strangers and shepherds, ignoring their sheep, Watched while she rocked little Jesus to sleep.
What joys we can known, what a miracle starts, When we, too, can say yes to God in our hearts!


Until the next time.....

8 comments:

Yakko Warner said...

I'll keep you guys in my prayers for a safe and non-eventful move (especially at this time of year — whew!).

Good luck!

Morgan said...

***giggle*** YAY, BJ's shopping!!!!!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Yakko - Thanks, the prayers will be much appreciated. The last moves have been "eventful", so "non" would be nice. :-)

Kellie said...

Hee hee.... in a week you'll be HOME!!!! :)

Loved that poem at the end.

Chris said...

Why do you hate driving the Viper and why do you keep it (and move it cross-country) if you hate it so much?

Hope everything goes well with the move--that's never fun.

Sal Cartusciello said...

Chris - the Viper is Morgan's baby. Not mine. I like two wheel vehicles.

Chris said...

Ah. That makes sense then.

You guys have lots of wheels in your family! :)

Maizrim said...

Have a safe move! I am packing now as we prepare a move of our own... moving to Greenville on the 30th.

Btw, BJ's is awesome and the last time we were at the CrossRoads BJs (maybe a week ago?), gas was only $1.46. :)