Saturday, December 13, 2008

starting to say goodbye.....

The days keep rolling along, and about 3 weeks from now we will be settled and almost unpacked in our new home back in NC. The house is now finished, and our friend / real estate agent, Debbie, will be inspecting it on Monday, along with a house inspector. If there are no major issues, it is possible they may move up the closing to Christmas Eve, with Debbie handling things at the attorney's office, while Morgan and I just sign and FedEx any paperwork prior to then. If possible, that would be great, because we could hit Fred's Beds (for Cassie's new bed), BJs, Best Buy, and other places and start filling house while we have free time until the movers arrive.

Tonight is also our last regular service at CRB. Next week start the Christmas Eve musical services. We will be able to see Sunday morning Christmas Eve performance next week, but that will be it. With the movers in house all day Monday and Tuesday, we will probably not have the time to leave.

I'm quite a bit "bummed" about this being our last "live" service here for a while. It will be nice to get the DVDs and hear Harry speak, but it obliviously will not be the same. I already told him to expect email questions from me. :-)

Pastor Harry has asked Morgan, Cassie and I to meet them after services tonight, as they want to get together for a prayer for us. I thought that was very nice of them, but as I have said many times, these are very nice people. Last week when I went up to just say "hello" to Harry after the service, he had not even come down off the stage to greet me before he was telling me how sad he/they are to see us leave. It really made me feel good to hear that from him. We also talked about not being able to get a last motorcycle ride in together, as schedules have made it difficult to do.

I'll make sure I post more this week about what is going on as we get ready to leave. Cars start being hauled away early in the week, then it will be us packing personal stuff to travel with, packing zip locks to make the unpack easier (will explain later in the week), and then the packers and movers.

I am also going to post my thank you note that I had given to the pastors over at CRB. I am going to keep it below any current post until the end of the year. It was 3 pages long, so you may want to read it in pieces. :-)

Until the next time.....

No comments: