Wednesday, November 26, 2008

giving thanks.....

Yes, this is going to be one of the "this is what I'm thankful for posts". Very original, don't you think? ;-)

My "thanks" on this day before Thanksgiving 2008.

- My loving wife, Morgan, who I love more and more each day.
- My daughter, Cassie, who gives me great joy. Even if sometimes I think she really wants to see my head explode. ;-)
- God, Jesus, and my salvation.
- Mine and my family's health.
- My church, CRB.
- Casey & Heather, Kellie & Steve, Pastor Harry, Pastor Jeanette and Gerry, Tony & Alisa, Tim, Clay & Ronna, Randy & Linda.
- The time I got to spend with my dad (still miss you big time 13 years later), even if it was way too short..
- Living in the greatest country in the world.

For the more frivolous thanks:
- The wonderful new house that is being built for our family. It will be the place we start an even better phase of our life together.
- My motorcycle and any ride, whether it be 2 miles or 150 miles. There is nothing better.
- My XBOX 360 and all my buddies (they aren't frivolous, but the gaming is) over at Geezer Gamers. One of the few places I like being "social".
- Hockey. Greatest game on earth, even if most of the planet doesn't know it.
- ESPN. Hey, I said frivolous. :-)

- Pretty much everyone and everything else in my life. Whether it is a person, or a thing, I think we can all look around and "bump" into thankful pieces of our life at every turn.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Until the next time.....

4 comments:

Nate Heldman said...

coulda almost put my name under that list. jesus, church, time with dad who passed, motorcycles, xbox360, geezers...it's like we're twins. except for the obama part. ;-)

happy thanksgiving to you and your family!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Nate - As I said in an earlier post, Obama is now my President, and I'm OK with that. I will just be keeping my eye on him. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Kellie said...

I feel special... just so you know. :)

Happy Thanksgiving! :) (You'll be home now in LESS than a month...)

Morgan said...

*big grin*