Tuesday, November 11, 2008

starting on the wrong foot.....

Today is Veteran's Day. To me, every day should be Veteran's and Memorial Day. These are the great, brave men and women who made this country what it was, is, and will be.

My lovely wife Morgan mentioned to me (and left a comment) that my congratulations to Barack Obama seemed more like a backhand compliment. It was not meant to be that way, but in looking at it, I did question more than congratulate. So, let me try again, and give President-Elect Obama my congratulations, and prayers as he leads this country for the next four years. I "hope" that he is able to "change" the ways of this great country.

Well, our dates are starting to fall into place. The movers will be packing up the house and the truck on December 22nd and 23rd. Morgan, Cassie, myself and the Leo & Casper (the cats) will be leaving San Diego on Christmas Eve morning and will arrive in Raleigh around 5pm. As for closing on the house, they are looking at the afternoon of Monday, December 29th, or the next morning, Tuesday, December 30th. Our stuff should arrive in NC sometime the 29th, 30th, or 31st, depending on the weather as they cross the country.

Now, I just need to firm up the cars and their transport. The motorcycle is going with our personal stuff in the moving truck.

The last of the items we wanted to sell, has left the house, as the bedroom set was sold and moved out of here early this afternoon. That is a big relief to not have to worry about moving and selling those items back in NC. It also make the house a much easier "move" for the moving company.

Found out from the ministry leader of the Eternal Riders that our ride this Sunday will be a nice and very long one. We will be going over the mountains and down into the desert for our day of riding. If the weather is right, we should go from needing long sleeves and a jacket to only short sleeves by the time we drop the 5000 feet in elevation. Should be fun, and I am looking forward to it as it will probably be my last ride with this group for a while.

Off to some "catch up" television with Morgan, and maybe some Gears of War afterwards, if I don't fall asleep. ;-)

- Some of my so called "friends" already trying the New XBOX Live. :-)
- Three days until new James Bond, Quantum of Solace.
- My wife and all of San Diego upset with Trevor being let go by Padres.

Until the next time.....

4 comments:

Nate Heldman said...

hey sal

what do you ride? riding is my favorite thing in the world, although it's been a little hard to do since my bike was stolen 3 years ago. haven't replaced it yet. maybe this coming summer.

Sal Cartusciello said...

Nate - right now I ride a Harley Sportster. If things go well back in NC, I hope to get a Softail Classic.

Casey (Furgus from GG) is also a rider and had his bike stolen a few years ago. Weird. He hopes to get another one soon.

Unknown said...

So I am a "so" called friend now, huh :) Don't worry only a few more days and you will have the NXE.
Hope to get a bike this summer, but be will have to see.

Sal Cartusciello said...

Nah, you still my friend. :-)

Must be a reason I can't try out NXE. Even missed out when USA Today gave away 250 "trials".