Friday, January 9, 2009

getting back to normal.....

The boxes with all our important "stuff" have been emptied and put away, and Morgan and I have both been working regularly since Monday, as well as Cassie being back in school. So, we are pretty much "back to normal" (whatever that means).

I've got moving truck, our window blind order, and electrical stories from the past two weeks that I will fill in over the next few postings. As for now, with tax season here, I am usually tired after sitting in front of the computer all day, so updating this space, like last year at this time, will be a "hit and miss" effort.

Did find out that my mother-in-law is now also battling cancer. She also has breast cancer, like my mother. At 85, she is a tough lady, so are prayers and thoughts are with her to get through this tough time. Of course Morgan only found out about it a day before she was operated on, as her mom decided to tell nobody, except Morgan's brother, and that was only a few days before we found out.

On top of that, my step-father's throat cancer has possibly made a comeback. He has been having problems that might be related to the scar tissue or to a recurrence, and they went to the doctor today for more test. It has gotten so bad that he can only sleep by sitting up in a chair, and even that is not allowing him to sleep well, so he has been falling asleep at different times during the day. It is so bad, they don't allow him to drive until this is corrected. Needless to say, we have our thoughts and prayers with him also.

Otherwise, on a more upbeat note, I really feel comfortable being back here in North Carolina, and on the east coast. Now, I just need to get into a better flowing work routine (too many new house interruptions this week).

The Hurricanes had won four games in a row before losing 4-2 last night to the Panthers in Florida. They had been playing well, and I hope this was just a "blip" of a bad road performance. I also hope Tim Gleason is OK, as he was injured in an awkward looking play along the side boards.

This weekend also bring about the divisional round of the NFL playoffs. Morgan and I have the DVR set, and look forward to a Saturday night and late Sunday afternoon/evening of football on the couch together.

Hope all is well with all of you that follow and read these posts.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I am glad you all are feeling more "at home" again. We need to come see you all since everything is in the house. :)