Wednesday, January 28, 2009

you look like.....

Have nothing on my desk from clients that needs to be processed at this time. For late January that is a good thing, as this will certainly not be the case in two weeks as there will be about a dozen or two income tax folders piled on my desk.

Now, it probably would not be empty if all my business clients got me the information they owe me to finish processing their 2008 year end numbers. I have less then 10 that owe me information, and it is just a piece or two for most of them, but I would like to get those business returns "off my plate" before all the personal clients start filling my office.

Last Sunday morning, we visited another new church in our search for a church here in NC. We attended Triangle Community Church, which was not far from our old home, and where one of Cassie's friends has attended in the past.

When we get there, Morgan takes Cassie to Promiseland for the kids, and I am standing in the hallway. A woman passes me in the hall, takes a few steps and starts looking at me, while at the same time I start looking at her because I get that "I know you from....." thought in my head.

As she comes back towards me, we start asking each other, "are you "Sal / Laura?". Turns out, we were who we thought the other was, and how we know each other is because we used to do our exercising along the same roads.

When I ran along a long country road near the house, a woman on a bicycle used to always pass by. After about a year or so of this, she was coming beside me, and decided to slow down and we chatted for a while. This went on for a few years. She knew about Morgan and Cassie, while I knew about her husband and kids. All the while getting in these conversations for maybe a mile or so, on the one or two days a week we would see each other. So we became friendly, and it was nice for us to see a friendly face while on those roads.

She is also "part" of the reason I blew out my knee. One day in January 2006, we caught up to each other towards the end of my run. Well, as I turned to head down my block, we were still having a conversation. Because my head was turned as I was saying goodbye to her, I never saw what was in front of me and "caught" my leg, and damaged my knee. She felt bad about it, but it was probably going to happen sooner or later with these knees of mine.

Anyways, she is in charge of the children's' part of the church and Promiseland. She took care of Cassie, and helped Morgan and I feel very comfortable at the church. We are looking forward to more "catching up", and some more time at the church. It was a nice and friendly church, and felt comfortable to us.

Off to do a Podcast with the guys from GeezerGamers for Geezer Radio. Yes, we are truly geeks.

Until the next time.....

No comments: