Wednesday, January 21, 2009

more social.....

All that snow I mentioned yesterday is almost all gone from roads and rooftops. Should stay another day on the grass, but by tomorrow night, it will probably all be gone. For me, that's enough snow for this winter. Cassie has been off for two days, and they are even delaying school for two hours tomorrow morning. Not sure if the two hour delay is all that necessary as the roads seem to be dry as people were driving and the sun was out all day today.

Received a Facebook "friend request" from Linda Howell, who along with her husband, Randy, are the leaders of the Eternal Riders, CRB's motorcycle small group. I've ignored the few others I received, but decided to accept Linda's, as I know many Geezers participate on Facebook.

I made sure I got into the groups for my high school and college graduating classes, as well as the GeezerGamers group, but that will be about it for now. It was fun to see some of the people I went to high school, and what they are up to now. Our 25th reunion is this year, so maybe this will give me a "push" in case they have some sort of gathering.

Morgan and Cassie both went for eye examinations today, and both needed to upgrade their glasses. Morgan still only needs them for reading, but poor Cassie seems to be getting my eyesight. It's not as bad as mine was when I was young, but she does need to use her glasses for all classroom activities.

Morgan's station, KSON, has upgraded their website. That means updated pages for Morgan's blog posts. Still have not been able to link them to the sidebar on this page for when she updates, but I am hoping they make that available soon.

The Hurricanes have won two in a row, on the road, and on back to back nights. Great play from Cam Ward as he allowed only one goal in two nights to the Toronto Maple Leafs (2-0 shutout), and then the Penguins in Pittsburgh (2-1 win). Hopefully they can keep this train rolling after the All-Star Game break.

Time to leave and get ready for the new season of Lost.

- People love iTunes, so Apple is making some money.
- The game industry also doing OK.
- Some "big game" going on next Sunday.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Nate Heldman said...

no school for two days, eh? we've hat more snow this winter than all of last year (which was bad) combined, and had a week straight of deep sub-zero wind chills...and not one day of school closings. my nephews are NOT happy about that! :-)