Sunday, January 25, 2009

weekend playing.....

Worked to "play catch up" most of Saturday, but I did not worry about what got finished. When Morgan called me for dinner, I had all but one "project" that started on my desk completed, so I am in good shape for Monday morning.

Saturday night I got to play "Left 4 Dead" with the guys (including Casey), and had a blast. The game is basically a bad zombie movie (with cheesy dialog) made into a game. Good fun.

Morgan has really been enjoying her time with Facebook. She has really enjoyed "talking" with old friends from high school, and playing with the other features (including mocking her husband).

I have only scratched the surface with it, and just post "what I am doing" notes right now. Will get more into it after tax season.

Went to DMV on Friday afternoon to register the cars and motorcycle, only to find out that because of a mix-up between California and NC when we registered the cars in San Diego, NC wanted to charge us an extra $100 because we did not get our plates returned to them in time. DMV just needs a copy of the insurance certificate showing we had insurance in SD by a certain date in 2007, and we did, but it was just a waste of time.

On top of that, it seems California did not request a title change (to CA from NC) for my truck (still have a few payments left), but there is no positive way to tell that except for getting a title copy from Ford. Seems CA did ignore changing the title to their state, but NC will not do anything for me until they see the title as "NC". Ugh!

I believe in "50 individual states", but when it comes to information like this, DMVs should be "tied together". It would save people lots of time. and I think save DMVs money in the long run. These return trips by people like us cost them time and money.

OK, off to watch the NHL All-Star Game. Hey, it's hockey. :-)

- Did the people of Illinois really elect this guy?
- So the next Treasury Secretary has tax return problems?
- "A-Fraud". Now that's funny. Joe Torre writes Yankee tell-all.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with you on the DMV, it is stupid they can't get their crap together.
L4D was fun, and it only gets better :)