Sunday, March 16, 2008

4 more weeks.....

So, 30 more days as of today until April 15th. The pile has been shrinking, but I have also had many other contact me that say they are sending their information, so this could be a very tough last few weeks. That's OK, but it will mean I will need to stay in the office a little more, but Morgan and Cassie are used to it. Kind of.

Very uneventful week, besides working, so not much to say. We did have Cassie's best friend from North Carolina stay with us on Friday and Saturday. She and her mom visited family in Arizona, then they drove here. Her mom dropped her off, and we went to Legoland on Saturday. Then her mom picked up her and Cassie, and will take them to their hotel until tomorrow when Morgan will meet up with them to visit SeaWorld.

On Wednesday night, Morgan and I will be attending our church's "Journey to the Cross" presentation. They have 15 different time slots next Wednesday and Thursday for 45 people to attend at each time, and they expect all the slots to be filled. We have been told it is an amazing presentation.

Last night at church, Pastor Harry spoke about "doors" and how they open up for us, and when they do, we need to go through them. He said there is a reason you are were you are at, right now, and that is because of the doors presented to each of us.

He told us how he was a student, and was just accepted to law school. He was also six months married, barely making it on his wife's income while he went to school. Also, he had only returned to Christ only six months earlier. Then a "well to do"classmate asked him to tell him about Jesus, and when he went and took that step through the door, it changed his life and brought him to the path that lead him to become a Pastor. I always feel so good when we leave the church for services or any other reason we are there, and I know Morgan feels the same.

We sent Flat Stanley to Kellie's son, Wesley, back in North Carolina. We hope we took enough pictures and gave Stanley enough of an adventure during his time with us. As you can see, Stanley took advantage of the San Diego weather to take a dip in the pool.

The Hurricanes have been winning, though they did stumble a bit on Friday night in Buffalo. As I write this, they are up 3-1 on the Ottawa Senators after two periods, and both ex-Senators, Joe Corvo and Patrick Eaves have scored against their former teammates. Hopefully they will keep it up in the third period and close out the victory.

Well, off to relax for the remainder of the day so I can get ready for the week ahead. I'll probably just update on Sunday morning until the end of tax season.

- I hope the Dodgers' sign me for my 60th birthday.
- I know its blank, but, you going to fill a bracket?

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I just read your comment over on Caseys' blog.....*smooch*.....I still like you too. More OUT of tax season, but still like you! ; )

JediChric said...

Happy Birthday, Sal!