Wednesday, March 5, 2008

accountant geek.....

Quick shout to Mike (guns1ing3r), and some prayers for his family. Just saw over a post on GG.com, that his dad is in the hospital after suffering a heart attack, plus he is having some other family troubles involving his sister. Gone through the "dad thing", and I'm thinking about you and your family.

Also, a quick birthday wish to Casey. It was actually Tuesday, March 4th, and I did text him and email him at about 12:30am his time, but I figure he can get another one here. Happy Birthday, buddy.

This might be my only posting of the week, and I have been going non-stop, and can seem to get the pile down. I think part of this is me over compensating and speaking with my clients longer on the phone to make up for the time they would have normally been sitting with me. That's not all of them, as many never came to the house, but usually all the "gab" would be while they were sitting at my desk, and I was preparing the return. Now I speak with them, after I have completed it to go over it. Ugh! It is just getting frustrating trying to juggle and walk on egg shells to make sure all is going right.

At least yesterday, I had a total accountant/geek happiness. It started when a client sent a large Excel spreadsheet with stock sales for the year. Normally, I would have to print the sheet, and then input the transactions. With my program, I was able to copy the sheet to the clipboard, import it into my program, and tell the program which column went in which place in the program. Couple of clicks and it worked, and probably saved me 30 minutes. Who knew you could get excited over a spreadsheet? ;-)

But, no. The accountant excitement did not stop there. My new scanner arrived. Before dinner, I set it up, and did a couple of tests. Then after dinner, I played with some settings, and was able to scan different size papers, and some with 2 sides of print, and they all were crystal clear. This will save me tons of time the rest of tax season. Another "geek happy dance".

The Hurricanes doubled up the Atlanta Thrashers 6-3 tonight in Atlanta. They literally did double them, as the score for each period was 2-1 in favor of the Canes. Eric Staal had another 2 goals and an assist, and Joe Corvo had a goal, and was a plus 3 for the game. Way to keep it rolling, boys.

- Yes, but are they happy?
- All this for no cover on the oil tank?
- Prayers for Patrick Swayze.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Isn't it amazing what thrills us? I can totally understand your excitement over piles being gone and new equipment being installed. I, personally, love it when a good form comes together on a computer. lol

It is great about the 'Canes. It seems the trading business was what they needed. I feel so "out of the know" about them, though, since you are not here to keep me "focused." lol Steve tries but we don't always discuss sports, you know. lol :) I am still rooting them on... just usually a day late....

Unknown said...

I am just waiting until this weekend to get my new flash, and maybe some other stuff, and I am "geeked" out about it.
Hope all is well, I know you are busy, and if some of my email questions are stressing you out too, just delete them.... I will bug you April 16th ;)
Only a little over a month to go.....