Sunday, March 30, 2008

end of March already.....

I have a hard time believing that tomorrow is already March 31st, and a quarter of the year is gone. At the same time, that means I only have 15 more days until tax season ends. As much as I complain about my job, and for as much stress that I go through during these 11 weeks of February through mid April, I really do like doing what I do. Also, how can I complain when I only need to work a few hours each week after the tax season ends?

I did send out an email to clients last Monday reminding them of the 3 weeks remaining, and telling them that it was not too late to send in information. My buddy, John, up in New York, who I first shared an office with 20 years ago always laugh at that, "is it too late?" question. Of course we don't want the information on April 14th, but it is never too late. If an extension is needed, will file an extension.

I did receive an interesting email back from a client. Well, for one year a former client. He was a gentleman who normally visited the office, but with the move wasn't sure about sending the information, would he get the same advice, etc., so he went elsewhere. He wrote to to tell me this, and said it was a terrible experience, and asked if I would be willing to take him back as a client. I called him and we had a nice conversation, and I told him that I would of course work with him again.

I normally do not send a "goodbye" note to clients that do not return, mainly because there are usually only a couple each year, but this year will be different. I think I will send a note, tell them I understand it being "different", but also extend an olive branch that if they also had a bad experience, that I will work with them in future years. If I don't hear from them by the end of April, then I will purge their information from the office.

Otherwise, it has been, work, work, and more work.

Morgan was asked to read the story of Eeyore's Birthday at church for this weekend. That is three different services (Saturday night, and two on Sunday morning). We normally go to the Saturday evening service, but I also surprised her and showed up also at the first Sunday service at 9am. She did a wonderful job reading the story, and expressing the different characters of the story. Many people came up to her and complimented her on her voice, and the different voices she used.

The Hurricanes are struggling a bit this past week, and the 2-1 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday night stung a bit. The Canes have three games remaining, with the first being against the team on their heels, the Washington Capitals on Tuesday night in DC. They win that, they clinch the division, and the playoffs. They lose and those last 2 home games against the Lightning and Florida Panthers will be huge.

- Maybe two different tip jars? Or maybe no tipping at all for my $3 coffee.
- Do you want to know the calories in those "froo-froo" coffee drinks?
- I know Cassie watched. Who got slimed?
- Free Photoshop beta!

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Glad work will be winding down for you soon. I know you are ready to get back to a less hectic pace!!

Sounds like Morgan did great in her reading! I would have loved to have heard it. I am proud of her for doing that. I am also proud of you for surprising her and going Sunday morning. :)

Hurricanes are doing well, but, you are right... they need to be on their top right now with the Capitals breathing down their necks. We watched most of the games this past week and they were good and hard fought for the most part.