Sunday, March 9, 2008

time to write.....

It's been since Wednesday night since I had time to write, and even though I really have no time now, I really need to get caught up here with what is going on.

Cassie battled a bit of a cold all week, but only missed school on Tuesday. Her sinuses were the main culprit (she's got mine), and she was "stuffed up" and had a hard time breathing all week, but really felt well otherwise. She has her first GATE (gifted and talented) activity coming up this week, and it is a trip to Legoland. What's up with that? Actually, they will be going to a special place there and will have to build certain working items.

Then on Friday afternoon, she has a friend from North Carolina coming to stay for the weekend. Emily and her mom, Tracie will be in Arizona visiting a cousin, then will be staying in San Diego for the weekend. We are planning on Legoland for Saturday, as Emily is a big Lego fan. Then on Monday, we are going to try or SeaWorld, so that will be a day we keep Cassie from school.

Morgan lost another 3+ pounds this week, and has gotten a total weight loss of 124 pounds as of today. I am extremely proud of her. She has been asked by the people of San Diego Magazine if she would be willing to have a story written about her concerning her weight loss. She told them, yes, and guess it is a wait and see as to when they will start the process.

Morgan has made a connection with the media contact over at the San Diego Padres, so that we can get tickets for a couple of games. If we lived closer to downtown, I would love to go more, but if we can get a game or two a month, that would be great. I am also waiting until after tax season, but I want to make a trip up to Los Angeles to see the Dodgers play. I have seen them plenty of times back in New York at Shea Stadium, but I have never been to Dodger Stadium. I think that will be an "alone" trip, as Morgan and Cassie didn't really give a big "thumbs up" to making that trip.

Morgan also has been working on her website for her voiceover work. She has really set it up nicely, and is excited about it. As a matter of fact, she will be doing some voiceover work for our church, probably sometime this week. Besides her friend and voice coach, these were the first "outsiders" she had sent the website link to for viewing.

I don't have enough time to get into what a tragedy this is over at UNC. My thoughts and prayers are with the girl's family. Looks like just another random act in this world we live in. No sense at all.

The Hurricanes won a couple of more games this week to take a nice lead in the Southeast division as they head down this homestretch with less than a dozen games remaining in the regular season. I'm really enjoying them work hard, despite all the injuries.

I was also very happy to see Erik Cole and Scotty Walker stand up to the Minnesota Wild after that terrible boarding hit on Eric Staal. Luckily, Staal was not seriously injured, but when are guys going to stop hitting guys from behind?

This tax season has been tough on me. The uncertainty of which clients are staying. Then wondering if the clients that have stayed are happy that they did, has been taking a toll on me. Add to it the time difference factor (the one thing I really don't like, whether it be trying to stay in contact with people, or as silly as watching a live event), plus the one thing I did not think would bother me, isolation. I actually miss people coming into my office. I didn't like them staying long, but I do miss it. I know that none of this should bother me, and I should just let it go, and let it play out, but I am having a hard time doing that.

In fact, so much so, that I told Morgan about it today, and wanted to know if we were any closer to making a decision to leaving when this contact is up at the end of next year. It made her extremely nervous and worried for me to ask that, but I am not ready to go. I just hate uncertainty. I hate not knowing what we will be discussing next October/November, and if we will be staying for more time, or have to pack up and come back east. My nervousness being that if we are coming back, do I have enough business to sustain us until I get back growth. I know these are all things I have no control over, and that I need to "let go", and let God decide, but when you mixed all of this into the normal stress of tax season, I don't think, or speak rationally.

Morgan and I had a good discussion about it, and I do feel better about things. In the end, as long as Morgan, Cassie and I are together, and we have our faith, all will be OK. I just need to "let go". I'm working on it. :-) I am just truly sorry that I made Morgan feel bad today by me letting my feelings out. That was not my intention, and I feel terrible that it has upset her day.

Morgan and I attended a marriage/children workshop at church on Saturday afternoon (No, not because of above). We were broken up into group (under 12 year old, teenagers, and empty nesters) as discussed parenting and our marriages. It was really nice and Morgan and I both took different pieces from it.

Then at service last night, Pastor Harry spoke about being "a day late, and a dollar short, and how accumulating all your "things" won't mean anything, because at the end they all go "back in the box". Different then what I had heard at others preaching about the subject, Pastor Harry said that we could have and even want items. Just don't put the love of those items, or the pursuit of them, in front of your love for God. His message hit home much better than the other times where I have heard that I had to give up everything, to show that you love God.

If we do have to move away from the area, I think Morgan and I will probably miss our church the most of all the things we would leave behind. I know that might be strange to say after only attending services these past 3 months, but I know it will be true.

Well, if you made it, God Bless You. You truly are a friend, or just board out of your mind. :-) Not sure if I will get any free time during the week, but I'll try to get one midweek update in.

- Got a snow shovel for the state?
- Finally, Apple letting more apps onto the iPhone.
- Roll a 20 sided die in his memory.

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Morgan said...

ahhhhh, the continuing adventures of a control-freak. Ain't it fun??!!! Just gotta let it go baby and trust that it'll all work out.

Kellie said...

Keep releasing all of this "stuff" about your clients, mister. Remember, God is totally in control and knows more about your clients than you do. Hang on, take each day at a time, each moment at a time, and let the Lord lead and guide you through it all.

Sounds like y'all are going to have lots of fun with Cassie's friend coming, Legoland and Sea World!! Think "engineering" when you think of Legoland. :)

Morgan said...

Yeah, what she said! : )