Sunday, March 23, 2008

birthday week.....

First off, a very Happy Easter to all of you that observe the holiday. It is not all about bunnies, but about Him, and what He did for us.

Morgan and I went to our church's presentation of "Journey to the Cross" on Wednesday night. It was a very nice, and powerful presentation. Everytime I attend something at this church, I get more and more excited about it. The best part is the people and the connections we are making, and the feeling of belonging when we are there.

The big news this week was that Morgan's morning show was nominated for a Country Music Association award. As always, I love her and am very proud of her, and it all grows every single day.

Besides that activity it was work, work and more work. I can not remember a tax season where it seems the work on my desk has been at such a consistent pace, and I still have not got the "to do" pile to go away. That should happen this week, but when I see the email notes telling me, "I'm gathering my stuff. Sorry, I'm late", I am thinking these last 3 weeks might be the even more hectic. I just need to make sure I get enough rest, and take care of myself. So far, this tax season has been "painfree", and I would hate to ruin it by not paying attention to my body.

Cassie's friend left to go back to North Carolina last Tuesday. They spent Monday together at SeaWorld, and had a great time. I always find it funny how Cassie and Emily gravitated to each other in preschool, and have stayed together ever since.

This week was also my 42nd birthday (Friday). Cassie got me a videogame and a "chatpad" for my XBOX controller, while Morgan surprised me with tickets to Dodger Stadium, for us to see the Padres play the Dodgers on Saturday night, April 12th. Guess that will be a night I stop working early. ;-)

Just being with them for dinner and some quiet time at home was enough for me. Also, I will mention that Morgan got me a card that I really loved. I have saved every single card that she has ever given me (yes, I know), but this one I put on my night stand. It was perfect. Honey, I Love You!

The Hurricanes keep on playing well, and are really rolling during this late season run. Despite the injuries, they really look like a team that will be going deep into the playoffs. I hope I didn't just jinx them. ;-)

There was a nice story about Eric Staal's rise as a leader over at ESPN.com.

Well, I think I am going to try and get a short ride in today. The weather is absolutely gorgeous today, and will be this way for the next six months. I am starting to understand why I hear from more people that the only reason they stay in San Diego is the weather. Four dollar gas, and housing can negate it somewhat, but I do understand.

- Guess people still like Dr. Seuss.
- Is your favorite show coming back?
- There wouldn't be an iPod big enough.
- My bracket is busted

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Keep chanting "Just three more weeks!" I'll be glad when the craziness is over for you.

Glad you had a wonderful birthday... that was sweet what you said about Morgan and the card and all. You are getting so sappy now!! lol

Glad you both went to your church's presentation of what Christ did for all. It truly is what Easter... and every day in this life... are all about.

Hope this week allows you to get caught up on that "pile." :)

Morgan said...

**smooch** Glad you had a great birthday, baby. You deserve it--and much more!

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Maybe it's because I've always done them myself, but I can't IMAGINE sending my stuff to an accountant - who is going to be super busy with returns - in the last week of March!

Hang in there, Sal!