Tuesday, July 22, 2008

magazine girl.....

Figured I better get a quick post in while I have the chance. My brother, and his friend, who is also a teacher, have arrived for their week long visit, though I will not see much of them, as they will be at Comic Con most of the days (Wednesday through Saturday) while here. We do have plans to go to the San Diego Zoo on Monday, and Sea World on Tuesday, and have left Sunday blank for now.

I will be hitting the convention on Wednesday evening, and then for a short time on Thursday, after taking Cassie to the airport (she goes to Florida for the week). I think that will be about as much as I can handle. I will bring some camera for the different events this week.

The issue of San Diego Magazine with the article about Morgan has been published, and is out on newsstands, as well as being mailed to subscribers. I am very proud of her. Always have been, and always will be.

Morgan and I are also in the process of getting new tattoos. We have been given the name of an artist who is also a church member, and has worked with others in the church (including one of our pastors, Jeanette, who showed Morgan her artwork last week). Morgan will be getting a Phoenix, to depict her "new self" after the weight loss. I will be getting a pinup of Morgan, so it is important that the artist likes to do, and can do, portraits. The artist, Jason, said he does, but I will still be looking at his work before making a final decision. We hope to meet with him on Friday, and then set a time in the next couple of weeks while Cassie is away (either Florida, or camp in August) to get the work done.

OK, enough for now. Hope to get up some quick posts in the next few days, even if they are just some pictures of what we are doing.

- Sugarland has been all over lately.
- This is an honor Casey would want.
- Everyone talking up the Chargers.

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No...I would not like that honor...ever :)

Anonymous said...

I just read the article about Morgan. You are an amazing inspiration to others and a great role model for your daughter! Keep up the great work.

P.S. Hope things are getting better at work with you're UGLY co-worker. Keep praying and keep the faith that God will remove that mountain for you in his time.

Kellie said...

Hope your days are going well with your "houseguests"... :) Glad to know Morgan has been published! GO GIRL!!! :)