Thursday, July 31, 2008

zoo time.....

Been a while since I last posted, as we had my brother and his friend in town since last Tuesday. They left on a very early flight on Wednesday morning, while at the same time Cassie returned from her week in Florida.

On Monday night, we took them to the zoo, as both my brother Chris, and his friend Mauricio wanted to go there while staying in town. It was a nice evening (like every evening here in SD) and we had a good time. The pictures are posted on the second post of today.

On Tuesday, I took the two of them to Sea World (No camera, I was lazy. Will take when Morgan, Cassie and I go again.), and then after that Mauricio (big sports fan, while my brother does not like baseball) and I went over to Petco Park to see the Padres play the Diamondbacks. That is one of the things I like about around here, as everything is so close, you can do a couple of different things during the day, and not have to travel hundreds of miles.

Also on Tuesday, we had an earthquake. We were at Sea World at the time, and did not feel it, so I joked that it does not count. Morgan did feel it as she was downtown getting her nails done, and the chair she was sitting in moved away from the table.

Tonight, Morgan and I are going to see Long Way Down, which is the second of the Ewan McGregor documentaries about his journeys with his friend, Charley Boorman, around the globe, and only on their motorcycles. This trip takes them starting out in Scotland, and follows them on their travels all the way to South Africa. This showing is a special "one night only" event that Morgan stumbled across, and luckily it is playing nearby. It will be on the Fox Reality channel in a couple of weeks.

In 2004, their first trip was documented in Long Way Round, as they went from London, England and around the world to New York. I just received the two DVDs from Netflix, and hope to watch it some time this weekend.

I know that after watching these two that I am going to get an itch for a long ride. Maybe someday if I can get Morgan riding after Cassie gets older, or when my buddy gets his bike, and our kids are older. Don't think around the globe is in my future, but something long would be fun.

- Following in dad's footsteps.
- Because I'm cheap, so far I only have free apps.
- Lots of baseball trades, and Manny is a Dodger.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Sounds like y'all had a great time with your brother and his friend. :) Hope Cassie also had a great time in Florida.

The documentary you'll be seeing sounds interesting!! You'll be an old pro before you know it. he heee

Morgan said...

I gotta say---Long Way Down was a great movie. It really makes you appreciate what you have as they travel thru some really poverty- stricken areas. And half-way thru the movie, I was seized with the realization that I do nothing like what those 2 are doin'. They are out there seeing things, goin' places and meeting people. I'm not talking about going around the world--- but even in SD--they have inspired me to get out and just 'go' somewhere. Who knows how long we'll be here on the west coast and I'd hate to leave it having not seen what's here. Great movie.....watch it if you can.