Friday, July 18, 2008

paper party.....

Finally, yes finally, I have scanned all my office papers into each appropriate client file. In two weeks a mobile shredding company will come and shred it all in front of me, and the house will about 500 pounds (maybe more) lighter. I did not realize how much paper were in the files, until I started emptying the boxes from the office, while I was shredding, into the area of the garage where I was storing larger boxes for the shedding company to come and take away. Anyway, I'm glad it is done, and now as I stay on top of it, we can probably do all the shredding "in house", or at least Cassie will be doing it. :-)

Last night, Morgan hosted a midnight showing of The Dark Knight, and Cassie tagged along. I was going to join them, but the theater where Morgan usually hosts the shows is a little old, and the seats are not "theater seats". For me, that means sore knees and a sore back, and at a little over 2 1/2 hours, and a full theater where I could not move and loosen my legs during the movie, meant I stayed behind. I'll just go in a week or so (theater provides Morgan with free passes) to a morning showing. Boy, it stinks when your body does not cooperate at 100%.

Not too much going on this weekend. Cassie has swim practice tonight, and a "splash and dash" swim meet tomorrow. Basically, it is a series of quick (25 meter or 50 meter) races. Her coach thinks it will be good for her to "race" and go all out for these sprints.

Morgan is wrapping up some baking for the Harley club's bake sale, that is going on tomorrow. She likes to bake, and the money is for the annual charity drive, so it works out for Morgan to do a little bit for it.

Then on Saturday evening/night, Morgan will be out at her station's $5 Concert, that will be held out in Oceanside. Nothing for us to do there, so Cassie and I will be staying home. That means we will be going to the 9am church service on Sunday morning.

- Did your favorite get an Emmy nod?
- Hooray, more Lego games. Batman is next.
- 600 stores closing. Any near you?

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Kellie said...

YAY! Glad you are now paperless. You will do the happy dance when it is all shredded, I am sure. :)

How did Morgan and Cassie like the movie? I'm right there with you on the seats... I have to have room to move and "squirm" a bit. My legs can't take being in one place, either.

Unknown said...

I hope to go see it this weekend, but I might be there with you in waiting a few more days.....

Morgan said...

The Dark Knight was AWESOME! All the expectations were met and everything said about Heath Ledgers performance at The Joker are true. He is super-duper creepy and you forget that it's an actor portraying The Joker. Gonna go see it on IMAX next. I've heard that is even more amazing.....