Thursday, May 8, 2008

Welcome back Kuehl.....

Well, it's not Kotter, but it's my blog, and it will have to do. Last Saturday, after five weeks away, Pastor Harry returned to his job at our church. He had been absent because they needed to put four stents into his heart to go along with the other two already there from a procedure years earlier. It was good to see Harry back, and I'm glad he is feeling well. Morgan had done a reading during the services the weekend that Harry finally went to the hospital, and she mentioned to me that he seemed lethargic, and was sweating whenever she saw him. He is only about 55 years old, and seems in good shape, but this is his third different procedure the past ten years. In this case, looks don't mean anything, as heart disease does not only effect those you think it will.

Now, he did not do his sermon "live" on Saturday night and Sunday morning. The church is making him come back slowly, so he actually taped his message out at one of the local lakes. The lake tied into the scripture (Mark 4), and the lesson being taught (part of the series about the "Three Prayers God Always Says Yes To") about asking God to "please get you through this storm". This was perfect for Harry to come back to, because as he told us, he was saying that prayer about getting through the storm as he was being rushed to the hospital.

He sat on the stage (our church is what was an old theater) and only spoke a little bit between the "scenes" of the video, and then gave the benediction, but it was good to see and hear him.

I want to thank all of you that read through and commented (public or private) on the past few days posts. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. I am not sure if it is funny or sad that all of this came spewing out of me during the week of Mother's Day.

Not sure if any of you caught this, but on Tuesday night during the Indiana primary, there was a county (Lake County) in Indiana that was almost 5 hours behind the rest of the state in tabulating their votes. No reason was given that night, nor have I seen one since. Excuse me, but this is only a primary. I was hoping people had learned, and we were over this, but I have a sneaky suspicion, that we will be in for a long election night, with problems "popping" up in the "battleground" states. Ugh!

Had a nice conversation with one of my clients (known him since 1996) that I consider a friend, and it looks like he, his wife, and youngest son will be coming out to visit us and visit Sea World and the Zoo. He just sold his screen printing business, and is returning to school to be a surgeon's assistant. We have always gotten along, and unfortunately are the same "type", and he needed to sell because he was having anxiety attacks due to business pressure (which I am sadly familiar with).

Yes, I am a mess. I freely admit it, and will discuss it, but I am getting better, as I get older and "wiser". My growing faith has been a big help in getting me to a better place. Also, I have a great wife, who I love very much, and who is my best friend, that helps me through all of this.

- Playoff hockey is back after a few days off.
- Sorry to see Coach Maurice was fired. A nice guy.
- Two weeks until Indiana Jones is back!

Until the next time.....

No comments: