Friday, May 2, 2008

morning ride.....

As I mentioned last week, Morgan's morning show broadcasts from a different place each Friday, and this week was the town of Romona, about 20 miles from our house, so I hopped on the motorcycle and took a ride. It was a pleasant morning ride, and it was nice to get the "head clearing" ride through the easy winding roads.

Morgan is wrapping up her menu for tomorrow's catering lunch. Grilled chicken with pesto sauce, grilled vegetables with orzo rice, salad, strawberries and cake. Yummy, and the house smells good.

As I was typing this, I just received my "passing certificate" for my continuing education course. One more piece off my "2009 tax season prep" plate. Now it is just a matter of going through the files and finishing the scanning. One long day when I have nothing else going on will do the trick.

While in Las Vegas in a few weeks, Morgan has made reservations for us to eat at Bobby Flay's place, called Mesa Grill. I find him funny when I see Morgan watching his shows, and I like food with a little "kick", so it should be good.

My Geezer friends from the SouthEast are getting together in Atlanta this weekend for their 4th Annual Meet n' Greet. I was supposed to go last year, but I was in so much pain with my neck at the time, I just could not take a six hour drive each way to and from Atlanta. I promise them I will get to one of them when we return back east.

Morgan and Cassie are going to the USS Midway tomorrow morning for the "Operation Thin Mint" festivities, then Morgan has to drop off her lunch, and then we will be done for the weekend, and I want to do nothing.

- From Home Depot to Rock Star
- The Singing Nanny had a good ride
- Did not know about her until her husband's tragic death, but I'm pulling for her
- Playoff Hockey. Nothing better.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Morgan's menu made me hungry!! I know it will be awesome. :)

Glad you got to go on a ride yesterday. I know that was a nice break for you.