Friday, May 30, 2008

this is tedious.....

I've mentioned a few times (actually, quite a few) that I hope to have the whole office paperless by the summer's end. I had already taken care of business clients, and miscellaneous papers in the files, but the biggest task ahead of me are the income tax clients' information from 2006 and prior.

Skipping around for a bit here, I am also making my business, and our personal information as paperless as possible. Morgan and I no longer get any telephone, utility or credit card bills in paper format, and we have also stopped all bank and savings statements from being mailed to us. They all come in PDF format. I get an e-mail from the different places that the statements are ready, and I then download into a folder, or I "print" them into my electronic filing cabinet.

OK, back to the income tax clients. Well, so far I have spent about 4 hours scanning in their old information, and I have completed the letters A & B! Ugh, this will take a while. I could probably get away with just scanning the current clients, but I would really like to rid the office/house of any unnecessary paper. After last year's fires, and a future move in the next couple of years(either cross town or cross country), I really want to be as "light" as possible. Plus, if that old client ever returns, or needs a copy of something I prepared, it is only an e-mail away, and I avoid any copying and/or mailing.

My goal is to get at least one "letter" scanned each workday during June, so I can be completed by month's end. Then all I will need is the shredder/recycle company to come to the house and haul it all away. After that, I should be able to get away with just a one a year visit from them for papers collected during tax season.

Not much going on this weekend except for Cassie's swim meet the next two mornings. Hopefully, she will improve on her times since the last event. They just sent over her summer practice schedule, and three of the practices run from 7am until 9am. Guess I will stick around on those days and take my walk or go for a run while she is in the pool. One day each week they will be traveling to the beach to do ocean swimming. This is to help them build their strength by swimming against the currents.

Morgan volunteered to make "goodies" for the church's bake sale, so the kitchen is filled with different items. I know she enjoys it, and she certainly works hard on all of this, as she never does anything "half-hearted". I just hope her effort is appreciated.

BTW, have I mentioned that there is Stanley Cup Finals hockey going on?

- Did you enjoy the Lost season finale?
- S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G B-E-E
- Barry Melrose coaching the Lightning? Hope it is not true.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

You know... what you are doing with scanning in documents is awesome... but it would probably send me 'over the edge'.. lol!!! That is great to get rid of all of that paper clutter. I wonder if there would be any way to scan in second grade work?????? hmmmm

Didn't see that LOST finale so I don't know... what was your thoughts on it?