Friday, August 1, 2008

camp week.....

On Sunday, it will time for Cassie to go off to camp for the week. This camp is through our church, and she will be gone from Sunday afternoon until next Saturday morning (I can see the sniffles from Morgan now :-) ). Cassie likes going away to camp, and they already had a "get to know you" meeting at the church a few weeks ago, so Cassie knows the other kids who will be with her, and also the camp counselors.

This means that Saturday will be Morgan and Cassie's time for packing the trunk for the week. We are pretty sure that we have all the necessary items, so this go smoothly with little, and hopefully with no emergency trips to Wal*Mart or Target. (I hope).

The shredding company came this morning and took all the papers from the garage. They do the work on-site, so I was able to see everything being destroyed and made into tiny confetti sized pieces. It was a little pricey, but for as much as I had, I could not have done it on my own. From now on, there is a place in town that charges about $5 per "banker's box" for "do it yourself" service, so that will be where I take what I accumulate every couple of months.

Last night, Morgan and I both enjoyed the Ewan McGregor documentary, Long Way Down. The theater was quite full, which surprised me, due to the fact that I saw absolutely no advertising for this, and if not for Morgan sending me the link, I would not have know about it. Anyway, the "movie" was cut to 2 hours, and the television show, which originally was shown on BBC, will be a six part series on the Fox Reality Channel. I already have it set to DVR.

As I mentioned yesterday, the first documentary, Long Way Round is on DVD, and Morgan and I hope to watch it next week while Cassie is away. If it is marked "wait" on NetFlix, we promise to have it back by next weekend. :-)

I also hope to get out and finally get to the theater and see The Dark Knight during the week while Cassie is away. I feel like I am the only Batman fan who has not seen it.

- Life on Mars? Well, at least some water.
- I just think he has invisible gills.
- $20 million to stay home? What a mess.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I am happy that Cassie is going to camp... I know she will enjoy that! :)

Glad the documentary was good.

We saw Dark Knight tonight... you're gonna love it!!!!!