Monday, October 27, 2008

and it starts.....

Somehow it is only about 8 weeks until we move back to NC. How did that happen? Today, a real estate agent that Morgan dealt with when we came out here, stopped by so he can list the house for rent. I will say that the owners have been real nice about this, and did not give us any hassle when I told them we were leaving early (that could be because they will probably get more rent then we are paying now). It would be nice to get this rented for them before we leave.

Morgan and I also listed a bunch of items on Craigslist. Already have a few replies, and the stuff has not been up for more than 45 minutes. Hopefully we will be able to sell them quickly. We were discussing it last night, and we will probably mention this to people at church, in case somebody knows someone still looking for furniture or households due to last year's fires. If we don't sell the items, we might think about donating them, just to not have to move with them, and then try to sell again back in NC.

Kellie mentioned that we have our drywall up, so that means we should be able to move up the closing to December 31st. Just waiting for the builder to call me back and confirm it. Then, I will start calling movers, and try to get the cars set up for the move. The cars are the biggest hassle, especially the Viper because it needs to be put in a special inside carrier. As for the motorcycle, I will either "pack" it in the moving truck (I know Allied Movers will do it), or have Harley Davidson come and get it with their trucking service.

Otherwise, it is pretty quiet around here. Like moving isn't enough.

The Hurricanes won their game Saturday night over the New York Islanders 4-3. Cam Ward stopped 57 shots! I know they were not good shots, but still, they took 60 shots. That is one a minute. Think we might need to tighten the "D" a little bit. The Canes also suffered two new injuries. As Brandon Sutter suffered a concussion and will be evaluated, while Joni Pitkanen tore his meniscus (my knee injury) and will be out for about a month.

One of my favorites, Bret Hedican signed a contract with the Anaheim Ducks. He and Kristi had moved to California after last season, so it was a good fit.

- Saw a Shell station at $3.09 yesterday. Below $2. Wow.
- Have a feeling LittleBigPlanet is something Morgan and Cassie will enjoy.
- Really? High School Musical 3 was #1 at the box office. I'm shocked. ;-)

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

8 weeks! Can't wait! :)

Yakko Warner said...

Gas is hovering around $2.60 here (although I did see one station at $2.41 yesterday). I won't complain (although I do wish it happened this summer when we drove out to California -- that trip hurt).

It still amuses me to think that it was about 10 years ago that I moved out to Colorado and my parents gave me a car (rough life, I know), and I was annoyed that it took premium gas only and I had to shell out a buck and a half per gallon to fill it up.