Tuesday, October 21, 2008

nice ride.....

Been a few days, but really there has been nothing too exciting going on around here. We are settling into a gameplan about the move, but otherwise not much. Now, I could have done four days of politics, but I decided to spare you and give you a few days off before I go full bore these last two weeks of the campaign. ;-)

On Sunday morning the Eternal Riders from church had our monthly ride. We were joined by our Pastor, Harry, as he is also an avid rider. It was a nice sunny, cool day, as I was able to stay in a long sleeve t-shirt for the whole ride, and never really got warm. After the first part of the trip (about 60 miles) we stopped for lunch and watched the rest of the Charger game (they lost).

Then after lunch, some stay to ride longer, while others head back to their homes. I was asked if I had even been to a place called, The Hideout. I had not, so that was where we were going, including Pastor Harry. Little did I know, until I rode up on it, that it is up in the mountains, tucked away off any roads (hence, the name), and real life Biker Bar. Oh, yes. Here is this group of riders with our shirts bearing The Cross and our church logo, along with our Pastor, parking and enjoying the atmosphere. Not a place I would normally go, but it was nice to look at all the different rides, and we were asked by a few who we were, but were not bothered at all.

After that was over, we headed back up the mountains, and made a long route home. By the time we were done, I had logged over 130 miles for the day. As Pastor Harry and I were the last two after the group started breaking off, it was real nice to ride with him for a while, talk a little, then say our goodbyes.

It was a very good day. I also made me think about the events in finding CRB even more. First we are out here in 2004, live near the church, but never come across them in our short time here. But in truth, at the time, we were not looking. Then for really no reason, have it tug on Morgan and me that we need to try it again here. Within a month of the decision, we are here. I attend a few different churches, the last one with Morgan, but nothing "sticks", and I am getting really down (Go back to beginning of this blog. I was a mess.). Then only after an accidental conversation with another swim parent, am I told about CRB. We make our first visit in December 2007, and the rest, as the say, is history.

As much as I have missed friends, family, etc., I would not trade the past eleven months since we stepped in CRB for anything. I feel so much better about everything, that I really can't describe it. I will apologize in advance, as I will probably repeat this quite a bit in the coming weeks, as we get closer to leaving.

OK, rant time. :-) As you know from reading these posts, I am a news junkie. But, I mean real news. Good journalism, with good research and "digging". I don't care what it is about, I like a story that goes deep. Personally, I feel it is gone in journalism (24 hour news networks, internet, etc. part of the blame), and I am starting to see that I am not the only one. Do I feel there is a bias in the media. Yes, I do, and I am not the only one, as even members of the media say there is a bias, but does not seem willing to do anything about it.

Sunday morning on CNN's Reliable Sources, the question was brought up about Senator Obama broken promise to take public financing, like John McCain, and the incredible amounts of money that he has brought in. The editor of Time Magazine admitted that if this was switched, and John McCain had broken his promise and was getting all this money, journalists would be all over the story. He said it was "mark" on them for not doing it. Well, thank you, but 2 weeks before the election is not when this admission should be made. Oh well, maybe we will find out about some of this money after November 4th, when there is nothing we can do. :-(

This link about bad mortgages and how the media is reporting it comes from a Geezer buddy, CyberKnight's blog. Ask the "average American" and they will tell you it was President Bush's fault (and John McCain, because they are one in the same person according to the Democrats), because there is nobody standing up to what is being said out on "the stump". Why what is in this piece has not been brought forward to the American public makes my head explode.

OK, picking up the pieces, and wrapping up. :-)

First, it was nice to see the Hurricanes grab 3 of 4 points while here in Southern California. Very sloppy defense on Friday night cost them from winning both games.

- I have had this email spoofing happen to me.
- HSM3 opens Friday, but I can hear the girls screeching already.
- Who had Tampa Bay against Philadelphia in their World Series pool?

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I know you are going to miss your church. What makes me the most thankful is that you found it this time around. I still firmly believe that is why the Lord led you all out to San Diego.. to become closer to HIM. I have said it before and will say it again... it all happened for a reason. :)