Tuesday, October 28, 2008

sold for.....

So I put up all our items that we wanted to sell on Craigslist, and within a matter of a couple of hours we sold off the bunk bed and have two people wanting the outdoor table and chairs set. The bunk bed was picked up today, and the table/chairs is supposed to be looked at and bought tomorrow. If that person falls through, a couple really wants it, and has emailed me quite a bit checking on it (a little "stalky" :-) ).

Now, we just need to start getting some interest in the big items.

I set up estimate appointments with four different movers over the rest of this week. All seemed OK with our time frame of packing the house and loading a truck by December 23rd or 24th. I can already feeling myself stressing over this, and I have not even gotten to the cars, or setting up ours and the cats' travel back east.

I am working up a long post (probably broken up into multiple posts) of why I am voting for John McCain (I know you are brimming with anticipation). Figured after preaching about knowing your candidate, I should "put up" and explain my reason for the McCain / Palin ticket.

I will say that none of them have to with the fact the Obama is a black man (technically half black), but you would think from most on the Democratic side that being a racist is the only reason you would not be voting for him. I have seen, read, and heard more garbage pointed in that direction then I ever care to hear again. Seems that if you disagree with the proposed Democratic agenda, it is only because you keep a sheet over your head.

Now, I am not naive, as there are some nuts with plenty of hate coming out of them and towards Obama because of his skin color, but they do not represent even 1% of us who are voting for John McCain.

It has gotten so that Morgan will not let me put out my McCain / Palin yard sign in fear of the house or my car, which I leave in the driveway, being damaged. I have worn my McCain / Palin hat almost everyday for the past month, and I do get some funny looks. I also get some "nice hat" remarks, but they are always done in a whisper to me, like they are telling me a secret.

- Will they finish Game 5 in Philadelphia before next spring?
- And the ride now goes back up again.
- Hurricanes lose to Montreal 3-2 in OT.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

With regards to the move... breathe in, breathe out... all will fall in place just like the last time. :)

Y'all will be a great Christmas present you know! lol

Good for you for wearing your McCain/Palin hat in public. Just remember, most people really have no clue as to why they are voting for Obama. They are doing it because he's "cool"... that is what I have heard from young people. Sad...