Thursday, October 16, 2008

back and forth.....

So now it official, except for signatures, that we will be back in NC by January 9, 2009. Morgan got the final OK, and now it is just a matter of "transferring" her over the the NC part of her company.

I have already spoken with the builder, and while he is not 100% positive, he thinks we might be able to move the closing from January 9, 2009 to December 31, 2008. We are going to speak again in about a week or 10 days to see if the sheetrock is up. If so, he does not think moving it up 10 days would be a problem.

That means ten more days before we can set up definite dates, but at least we can start little things, like selling off items we will not be moving with (anyone need a brand new sectional couch, bunk bed, elliptical machine, or outside picnic table?), getting Cassie's paperwork started to return to WCA (if they want her back ;-) ), and a couple of other things. Everything else will have to wait until we have a definite date.

I also need to inform my NC clients, and will do so later tonight or tomorrow in a mass e-mail. Although the clients I retained was very good last tax season, that was people trying it, so if anyone was not thrilled with the "long distance", this will get them settled to know they can come to the office again this year. Besides them having "sit down" appointments again, I do not plan on changing anything I started out here. I will still be paperless, regardless of where I am located.

A good debate last night, and I mean that in overall terms. I would much rather have them sitting at a table and "going at it", then podiums. Even the town hall format, which I like, seemed stiffed, but that is because these campaigns set so many ground rules, it just takes away from any real chance of debate.

My understanding is that in Europe they have debates this way, with the candidates sitting next to each other at a table, and they are much longer than 90 minutes. Basically a moderator throws out a question, and let's the two candidates truly debate. From what I have heard, it is fascinating. Doubtful we would ever see something like that here, but it would be OK with me if it was tried.

That's it for now. Morgan and I have our couples "small group" at church to attend.

- Josh Hamilton has written a book describing his darkest days, and his "comeback".
- Oh no. Even Southwest Airlines lost money.
- Even the World Series will "change" for Barack Obama.

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you guys are coming back home, we have missed you. :)

Chris said...

Congrats! I bet you guys are excited.

Kellie said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I had a sneaking suspicion this had finalized when I got your message tonight. Did you hear me all the way in California?????????????? Oh, I am thrilled. :)

We have a work day Monday so there should be plenty of people to help you without the distraction of children. :) I am sure they will make a place for Cassie Girl... This is great!!!!!!!