Friday, October 3, 2008

off the milk carton.....

OK, who stole Governor Palin for the last 2 weeks, and why did we not hear about her being found? :-)

I had watched some of her debates while running for the Governor of Alaska, watched the speech at the RNC, and I had seen how she was on the campaign trail those first 2 weeks. Plus, she was elected Governor, and has run the state for nearly two years. There is no way the woman I was seeing on my television the last few days was the same woman. I was sure that the real Sarah Palin was going to be in St. Louis.

I kept saying all these things to myself, but when I clicked on the television to watch the debate on my dvr, I had a strange feeling. That feeling went away after five minutes watching the debate. The Alaska Governor was back in the game.

Now, she did not hit a home run, and Senator Biden did a very nice job during the whole debate. I don't agree with him, but he did his job as the VP nominee. No, what Sarah Palin did was get back on her feet, show the public why she has won her previous campaigns, and took away the doubt that she is a liability on this ticket. She did exactly what she needed to do. Now, can we rewind the last 2+ weeks, and let this woman "redo" them?

In the end, people vote for the top of the ticket, but I believe that her mishandling over these past two weeks by the campaign cost them 1 or 2 points in those important states.

In the end, I am very happy for her that she can go the remainder of the campaign, and afterwards, with her head held high, knowing that she belongs in the "big leagues", as a politician, and as a woman in national politics.

Now if some of that spark and confidence could be rubbed off on John McCain.....

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Steve felt the same as you from last night's debate. I only watched five minutes or so before I fell asleep but what I did see I felt she did with class.