Wednesday, April 30, 2008

bicycle ride.....

I had to go pick up my car from the collision repair shop this morning, but with Morgan in meetings for the day, and Cassie needing to be picked up from school before she would be free, I had no real way o get there, so I decided a bike ride was the way to go. I used to ride my bicycle all the time, and had even done a 75 mile ride when living on Long Island, but it had been a while. The ride went well, and I got my car (they even cleaned it for me), but my repaired knee may not forgive me for a while. It seems to have taken the brunt of the ride. :-(

Slow day today, as the only real thing I did besides the ride was meet with the new pet sitter. We will be in Las Vegas or a couple of nights in May, and need someone to feed Leo & Casper. The gentleman I met was real nice, and I was very comfortable with having him take care of the cats for the couple of days.

Morgan just was asked about a paying catering job. It is associated with the church, but it is for a lunch away from the church, and they asked for her price per person when inquiring about it. Now that she is getting paying customers, she needs to make sure that she is a better business person than myself, and make sure that she charges enough. :-)

Of course this lunch is for Saturday afternoon, which is also the same day that she and Cassie will be leaving the house around 7am to get downtown for "Operation Thin Mint". (This will take place on the USS Midway. They will have helicopter come down to take the over 200,000 boxes of cookies that were bought for the soldiers from the deck of the Midway, and start their journey overseas.) Then Morgan will have to get back home, finish prepping the food, and get it over to the house in La Jolla, where this lunch will be taking place. I will have one tired wife come Saturday afternoon.

Last night my brother, Chris, somehow got his way into the IronMan movie premiere. He said he was not a big fan of the comic (like me), but he said the movie was very good. Doubt we will get to the theaters for it, but I already have it on my NetFlix queue.

- Almost his own CSI episode
- bad for athlete's knees, and if they lick it
- hopefully this it not a preview of the fall around here

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome news about Morgan. I am sure she will do just fine :)
Sorry aboutt he knee too.

Kellie said...

Wonderful for Morgan! I tell ya... the Lord is opening doors!!!!

Good for you for riding your bike. That is much more than I would have thought to do!!! :)