Monday, June 2, 2008

June 2, 1990.....

The above date is exactly 18 years ago, and it is the date I first met Morgan. And it has not been the same ever since. There are days where I do wonder how we have stayed together this long (meaning, how she has put up with me (seriously)), as we do look at things in different ways and angles. I don't mean that in a bad way at all, as no couple fits "perfectly" together. But then I look and think about it, and I see that is part of the charm and the magic we have with each other, and what ultimately makes it work. I love you, honey!

It did not start out all rose pedals and honey, and it was fate/events that all happened perfectly for us to even meet. On the day we met, she was working for a rock station on the east end of Long Island, and that station happened to be in my part of the Island doing a charity event for Muscular Dystrophy. I only knew about it because a friend who was a teacher was having a car wash with her students, and when I stopped by to have her kids was my car, I mentioned I was heading to the mall, she told me "that rock station you listen to is there today". The station was having a "Day at the Races. Basically, they were showing old horse races, and you "bet" your donation, and if your horse won, you won a prize. After I placed my bet, I asked if Morgan Thomas was there. I was pointed to her, and went over to say hello. When I told her "it was nice to put the face with the voice", she said "thanks", and then proceeded to turn around and continue talking to her co-workers. Blown off, big time. Though I was only be honest, and not looking to flirt or hit on her.

Anyways, the horse I picked won the race, and when I went over to collect my prize (an Alannah Myles CD - she sang Black Velvet) there was Morgan. She gave me my CD, we started talking, and two hours later, were still talking. I gave her my business card instead of asking for her number, and told her to call me if she wanted to talk some more. She called my office, we went out on Saturday (June 9th), had the worst date of my life (more in another post). I called her the next day and left a message telling her I had a nice time (which I did). She then called me a couple of days later, we went out again, and about ten days later we discussed getting married.

And as they say, the rest is history.

- Not a "space" guy, but this is interesting.
- The original Bo.
- Woo Hoo! Lego Indiana Jones!

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Morgan said...

uh....wasn't it Robert Plants' Now and Zen CD that you won? Ah, the details.

Happy Anniversary, baby.

Kellie said...

LOL... I vaguely remember you telling me parts of this story. That is great y'all have been together 18 years. :) You crack me up, Sal...

Unknown said...

That is such a great story. I remember when I first met Heather...but I will save that for a Blog entry (I don't remember the date, so I may have to write about it on our anniversary :)