Tuesday, April 29, 2008

100 posts.....

When I signed in, the dashboard says I have 99 posts, so this will make 100 (see that 22 years of accounting at work :-) ) To tell the truth, I wasn't sure I would keep it up for 10 posts, much less 100, but this has been enjoyable, and therapeutic at the same time.

To help celebrate this post, here is one of the pictures from outside Dodger Stadium a couple of weeks ago. The team just announced a large project to renovate the stadium. As I said after we went, you would not know it was 47 years old, except for the lack of "modern amenities", as the stadium itself is clean and seems to be in great shape.

Finished making sure all my clients are set up in their respective email distribution lists. Besides about two dozen "client kids", I only have 5 clients that do not have an email address. I use the email for almost all client correspondence, especially any tax news and tips during the year. I have all income tax clients in one distribution list, then from there, they are in another distribution list based on their home state.

Morgan's first catering job (freebie at the church) went real well. She fussed over everything up to the last minute, but when she set up and "presented" all the food on the tables, she was very happy with how it all came out. The people at the church, and the band members, for who this was for, were also very happy and appreciative of the effort put into it. I am sure they normally get cold cuts and some chips, not chicken & brisket and vegetable salads.

Morgan picked up a large mixer and food processor from Amazon.com last night. I think she said everything was about half price after she used all her "coupons" and specials. I just told her to make sure that she gets the good stuff the first time out, so we aren't replacing them in a year.

I have not said much lately about my mother and stepfather, but they are getting along with all of their treatments and therapies. But, my mom is doing much better my stepfather. Hopefully soon his condition will turn around. Tomorrow, Lou has to get a blood transfusion because his red count is pretty low, and he has no real energy. The doctors have told my mother that she should see a nice improvement in his energy so after. We as a family are sure praying for that to happen.

Morgan informed me that she is being sent out of town for the time when Cassie was supposed to have her "San Diego birthday party". It is not a big deal for me, and it is only a small pool and hot dog party, but I hope Cassie takes the news well. I won't be in North Carolina for her NC birthday party, and she didn't seem to be too bothered by that, but that could be because dad can be annoying sometimes (her words, not mine :-) ).

OK. One hundred down. Many more to go.

- so, now we celebrate when oil is only $115 a barrel
- that's a lot of calamari
- guess he is not worried about the NC State vote

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

YAY! One hundred posts and counting now. :) I am so thankful you keep us updated in the blog. I check it out every day!

YAY, MORGAN!!! I knew that food would be awesome. She is such a wonderful cook... Can't wait to hear about more of her "jobs."

OK... Cassie birthday in NC??? WHEN? WHY are you not coming, Mister? I'd love to see Cassie and Morgan if time allows.

Sal Cartusciello said...

No, I'm not coming this time. A few days on my own. I am sure they can get a dinner together with you.