Friday, April 25, 2008

fender bender.....

I have always said that one of us would be in an accident while driving these California roads, and today was the day. I was in a minor accident at a stop light. Was bringing Cassie home from school, when we came upon an intersection with a left hand turn lane. I think the light caught the person in front of me a bit by surprise as she seemed to hit her brakes quickly as the light turned yellow, and I then slammed on my brakes. I stopped as I hit her, and her car moved forward (to the actual stop line). My truck broke the plastic rivets that hold the license plate holder, and the plastic that holds the driver's side flood light broke. Otherwise, nothing. Her car is a Alero, so it is lower than mine, and I hit her trunk. Did not break it, but it was still "moved".

After she was done cursing at me, I told her to calm down, and we exchanged information. Seems she was getting ready to trade the car in this weekend, so she was venting (loudly, like a truck driver) at me. Nobody was hurt, which is the most important thing. Cassie was a bit shaken, but not enough to stop kidding around about maybe walking back and forth from school.

Already have the insurance company notified, and I will go to a collision place that my insurance company uses on Monday morning. At this point it is more an annoyance than anything else. Yes, it will probably add a couple hundred dollars to our insurance (if I am found over 50% at fault), but more than anything, it is just a giant time waster, that did not need to happen. Ugh!

Well, my morning was better, as I took the motorcycle to where Morgan and the morning show were broadcasting. During the spring and fall, on Fridays, they go to different towns, and broadcast from a restaurant (usually) in that town. It was about a 20 mile ride through some curvy hills, and was very enjoyable.

Morgan is finishing up her work for the catering she is doing for the church tonight. She has tweaked the menu a bit, and these kids are going to eat real well. It is no wonder the people associated with the church have already asked her to do a few more things for them.

It also looks like she may have her first catering job. Ironically, it is for the lead of their morning show, Cliff. He left her a message about catering a baby shower in their house (for a friend). We think from the message it is one of those "co-ed" showers, where husbands will also be there. Morgan is a little nervous and unsure about doing a job for a co-worker, especially one she works so closely with on a day to day basis. I guess she will take a day or two to think about what she wants to do.

- 9 years seeing, with no problems.
- Another reason I am not a big beach person.
- Can you be jinxed if retired?

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Glad you are alright and it wasn't anything major!! Too bad about that woman being a bit ridiculous in her actions toward it. The main thing is that you are OK!!!