Wednesday, April 23, 2008

easy bake oven.....

Been trying to get the little pesky pieces of work done that I left to the side during tax season. I have gotten most of them done, and only have a few more to do. Tomorrow I am going to start tackling my 164 question continuing education test, for my California tax preparer license. Then after that on Friday, or Monday, I want to have all my labels, listings, etc. of clients I keep/use for tax season all set up. That way I just need to add new clients, and I just don't have to worry about it again until next January.

Eventually, I will finishing scanning the rest of the client papers. I have given myself until Memorial Day to get that done, and with the new scanner, it should not be a problem. The only problem is that is will be the most tedious week or so of time that I will ever spend.

Morgan came home all excited on Monday after work. As I have mentioned, she is looking for that "something" to do after KSON. I have told her just "doing nothing" for a while might be a nice way to start, but that is not in the cards for her. The oblivious transition was for her to start doing more voiceover work (commercials / reads / radio liners), so for the past year or so, that is the direction she took. We have talked, and she is really not enthused about it. Just because it was the "oblivious" transition, does not mean it would be the correct one. So we spoke about doing something that she loves, and that is cooking and baking.

Anyway, after some conversations with her morning partner, Bill, they started brainstorming about baking and cookies, and really about high-end unique cookies. So, 4 domain registrations later, and she is off doing research about starting her own cookie business. She of course would love for it to be national, but as we spoke about, it will need to be local first, with her giving away, and supplying cookies to different places, but all with the company name and logo on the packaging.

Right now Morgan is doing a "dinner" for 24 or so high school students at the church for this Friday, so we also discussed some light catering for parties, business meetings, etc. I even told her that there might be some teachers (hint, hint) that we know, that might be willing to buy lunch a few times a month if they knew they were getting a nice meal.

So for now, I have a wife doing a ton of research, and you can see the wheels spinning with ideas, questions, concerns, etc. She has decided to take on one of the more difficult businesses to be successful in, but I have the highest confidence in her to make this work, like she wants to. More than anything, I am just happy, that she is happy and excited about it. The look on her face when she was telling me the business names, and the ideas was nice to see.

Her trying to get this off the ground out here, while still getting up at 2:30am, and doing her show, means she will have even less free time, and will be even more tired, and I'm not thrilled about that aspect of it. But, she can't just let it hang for 18 months, then try to get going, plus this will make her start slow, and work upwards to when she has the whole day for it.

- If it's not gas, it groceries.
- The San Diego girl goes home.
- I can remember when Apple was struggling to be recognized outside its "fans".
- Good for McCain to try and stay above the mud (for now).

Until the next time.....

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Was that "hint" about a meal aimed at a certain teacher here??? hee he... Believe me, I LOVE Morgan's cooking so I would be all for it. I think that would be awesome for her!!!!!

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

That sounds challenging, yet fun at the same time. Wishing her all the best. Since I've already ordered Girl Scout cookies from y'all, I might even have to make it a "nationwide" business... ;-)

Unknown said...

If Morgan needs any taste testing done....you can send some my way :)

Morgan said...

lol....you'll have to compete with a very excited 10 year old who loooooves to be my taste tester! But yes, many complimentary care-packages will have to be sent out to various 'volunteers' to get feed back on packaging, durability in the mail and yep, taste. So brace yourself. I'm signing you ALL up!