Saturday, April 19, 2008

swim girl, swim.....

Well, today was the first of two days for Cassie's latest swim meet. It was her swim team's (Pacific Swim) "home meet. It was also her first swim meet in a regulation sized pool (50 meters). She swims in this pool on Friday nights and Saturday mornings, but practice is different than the competitions.

She did really well in the four events she was competing in today (200m freestyle, 100m backstroke, 50m freestyle, and 50m butterfly), and I am pretty sure they were all personal best times for her. She is not the fastest in the poll, and we do not push her to be, but she is trying hard and getting better every day. We are really proud of her.

We will be back at it again tomorrow morning (7am, yikes!), for four more events. I know there is a 100m butterfly and 50m breaststroke in there, but I can't remember the other two events she will be competing in.

I have discovered Twitter, and so have a bunch of the geezers. Now we have even another "time sucker", as we post our little "hey, I'm doing so & so" notes for the world, and our Twittermates to see.

Morgan and I were talking a bit today about our future, and she brought up how she is not very enthused about doing the voiceover work. She thinks she is being pushed that way by others as the natural progression after radio, but it may not be the right thing. I want her to do what feels right, and feels good. If that means stopping work, and staying home full time until she "finds" what she wants, that's OK. I know one little girl who would like breakfast from mommy instead of daddy in the mornings. She would also like mommy helping out at school (which Morgan enjoys) more than daddy, because daddy is starting to not be as cool, and can be somewhat embarrassing.

I would also be very happy with it. I liked us working in the same house the two years before the move out here. Especially, after I moved my office downstairs, so I was part of the house, and not hidden away on the 3rd floor. I love seeing Morgan at all times. It makes me happy. It also sounds "sappy", but I don't care, because I do. She wonders (and yells at me) why I am always checking on her, and asking if everything is OK. Part of it is just to see her.

Who know? Morgan may find what she wants by just staying home. She has done the "work" thing for 25+ years, and her career takes no days off. She doesn't have a "season" like me. As much as I complain about clients not paying attention, and the 11 week crunch that is tax season, at the end of the day I enjoy what I do. I can tweak the client base to fit our needs, and I get a decent amount of flexible and free time.

I am sure in the end, it will work out as it is supposed to as we just "let it go", and follow the path brought in front of us.

BTW, when I posted the page showing Morgan's nomination for the ACM Awards it was not correct. You can use the prior link, or just go through her station's link.

- I like manual windows.
- Another reason why I hate flying.
- Sad day for Springsteen fans.

Until the next time.....

No comments: