Thursday, April 24, 2008

except for those of you on the west coast.....


Here are some pictures from the back area of the house. I am about three days too late in getting "fresher" pictures. Morgan kept reminding me, and I kept forgetting. Ugh!

Anyway, as you can see, there are some nice roses planted by the homeowner. One of them seemed to make a nice bed for this snail. I could not believe it was able to get into there, as I would think it would break the pedals, but I guess not.

I really like this area. The weather is just the best, and there are always things to do (still need to get to the Zoo and Balboa Park), but the one item that I will never, ever get used to, or like, is the time difference with the east coast of the country. Besides the difference in makes with trying to work with clients, all live events are set up to accommodate the east coast. That includes American Idol. Get online last night to check something out a little after 7pm, and there are the results of who got kicked off are staring me in the face.

Then when I jump online to play some games during the week, my east coast buddies are getting tired, and I'm just ready to get started. I know it's silly sounding, but when you add calling family or friends, plus the work issues like I stated above (IRS closes at 5pm eastern), it is just an annoyance I can't get used to.

Have only 3 items on my plate workwise before I am completely caught up. One is my continuing education exam for my California preparer's license. Downloaded the material, and the test is 164 questions long!!! Some of it is on US Treaties (never had to deal with in my 22 years). Luckily, I have the study guides to work from.

Started reading my Bible again. Went back to the beginning of when I first started, and are rereading the Book of John.

Morgan is working hard on her new project. Thanks to all of you for volunteering to be taste tester, and potential clients. She is really putting a lot of thought and research into this. I'm really proud of her, and the way she is going about this.

- You getting a rebate check?
- Microsoft is listening to fans of XP.
- All started as a playing card company.
- Not so congenial anymore.

Until the next time.....

No comments: