Sunday, April 20, 2008

swimming again.....

So today was day #2 for Cassie's part of the swim meet. The warmups start at 7:15am, so it is another long day. Cassie did well in all four of her events. Today she did the 100m freestyle and butterfly, and the 50m breaststroke and backstroke. These long pool swims are good for her, and she will really enjoy them later on. Really, she will. :-)

We had an amazing service last night at church. It was titled "Identity Theft", and our guest speaker, Jesse Dillenger, spoke about her early life that was filled with multiple abuses, and how she has overcome it all, and has now her identity as a Christian. Her story was horrific and sad, and was very moving. What Morgan and I both said afterwards, was that the most amazing thing to come from all of this after hearing her story, was that she forgave all the people involved. I know as Christians, we are supposed to, but how it seemed to come so easy to her is quite remarkable.

Just wanted to followup about what I was mentioned yesterday concerning Morgan and her job. What I mean about having Morgan home, is having a "normal" life. To tell the truth, I got spoiled by her work situation the last two years. Prior to July 2005, Morgan has always been doing the "2:30am wakeup" thing. That was the first 15 years of our relationship.I really enjoyed us being on the same schedule, and I know Cassie did too. Right now, I hate the fact that she has to nap, or when she does not get a nap, she is not 100% around anyway because she is so tired. Watching a movie or TV show in the evening, and having her fall asleep is not "fun or cute" anymore. It is "normal" time away that I am tired of giving up. I don't want to come across as whiny, but I did not realize how much going back to our "old ways" with regard to our schedules was going to bother me. Ugh! Sorry for the complaining.

OK, well I need to clean up and shower (maybe even nap) before we leave to go see Jack Hanna, and his animal show.

- Hooray for Danica. It was only a matter of time.
- We hate cable, and can't wait to go back to DirecTV.
- Happy 115th birthday!

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'm getting increasingly annoyed with Comcast also (mostly because they keep degrading the signal quality in my area to the point where I can no longer split the signal to run between my cable modem and my TV tuner card in the Media Center PC), but DirecTV and DISH are not the answer. Reportedly, they compress the signal even more than Comcast. I've got no hard data to back it up, but I've heard down to as much as 8Mbps for some channels.

Sal Cartusciello said...

All I know is that TW was better in NC, then this garbage we are getting in San Diego. We had to leave DirecTV because of all the trees around our home, but I was very happy with it.