Sunday, June 8, 2008

crazy Saturday.....

It is early Sunday morning, and I have not even gone for my walk yet, but I figured I would give an update from our full day of events from Saturday.

Cassie had five girls over for her birthday party, and besides being as loud as twenty girls over for a party, it was a great success. They swam and had a great time during the whole party. I grilled hot dogs for them, and Morgan had a local bakery prepare a cake. The cake looked great before, and while eating it (Morgan & I stayed away from eating any), and all said it tasted excellent. Cassie received nice little gifts from her friends that were mostly Webkinz related.

Once the last girl was picked up, it was time to clean up, and head over to school where Cassie would be performing in a short play. They asked the kids to be there for 2:30, while the parents did not need to be seated until 3:30, so Morgan and I had time to relax at a Starbucks.

Cassie has been taking these classes through Drama Kids, and has seemed to really enjoy them. Well after 10 weeks of classes, it was time for the play. Cassie was the lead character, Lulla Belle, in a cute story, "The Cleanest Town in Texas". She knew all her lines, and I think everyone elses, and did a great job. All the kids in her class did a nice job, and seemed to have fun.

From there it was off to her Girl Scout leader's house for a kid's dinner, some end of year awards, and a pool party. Cassie received badges for cookie selling, her participation in this year's group, and a cooking badge for the part of the dinner she made for the night (meatball heroes).

After Cassie received her awards and started swimming, she no longer needed mom and dad around, so Morgan and I were able to get to church services on time, and then have a quiet little dinner. By the time Cassie was dropped off at 9:30, she was one exhausted girl. Luckily, she has nothing going on today, and can relax for the day.

- Not as exciting as when his dad did these jumps.
- Think you will start seeing more small gardens.
- Will always remember growing up with Wide World of Sports.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Morgan said...

LOOK AT MY GIRL!!!! Awwwwwww, I was soooo dang proud of her Saturday. It was a GREAT day! I can't believe in two days she'll be 10. Wow.
Thank you, guys for the nice comments about my weight loss and photos. You rock!

Kellie said...

Looks like Cassie girl had a great day. I bet she did awesome on that stage. I hope she enjoys her "real" birthday as much as she did this past Saturday. :)