Wednesday, June 18, 2008

home build.....

So, the house in the neighborhood next to where we used to live in NC is off our radar. Our real estate agent had us sign the paperwork to terminate the contract. They violated three different clauses in the contract because of the inspection report, so it will just be a matter of the paperwork getting finalized. I feel bad for the people trying to sell, because if they only took care of their house normally (not fanatically like I am told I do), the "punch list" would have been almost nothing, and we would have not looked at anything else. Now, they are going to have a very difficult time moving the property until the items have been improved.

Instead, Morgan went around and we will be building new in Brighton Forest. Morgan has narrowed the choices to two floor plans, but I think we will be choosing the ranch style home. All the rooms are downstairs except for the bonus / rec room, which we will be adding a bathroom to, and letting Cassie have as her bedroom. With a whole floor to herself, she may never move out (as her mommy cheers).

I like the idea of the ranch, because it is smaller in size, but gets rid of the "wasted" rooms that we would not use. The downstairs has three bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, and family room (which is large). I would take the first bedroom, located off the front door, as my office. With no formal living room, all the rooms would actually be used at all times.

I'll get to see the actual floor plans tomorrow after Morgan and Cassie return home. The builder is working on giving us a revised figure after adding the bathroom. There are a couple of lots where the house can be placed, and Morgan and Debbie (our r/e agent) are happy with with either choice. Then it is a matter of Morgan and I adding what we want (hardwoods throughout?, cable lines, telephone lines, ethernet lines, speaker wires, sprinklers, upgraded kitchen appliances, etc.), and what we can afford. Morgan says their "standards" actually very nice, but we will have time to think and add those few extras instead of saying, "we should have", six months later.

Looks like by the time the paperwork gets started, and they start building, we are about eight to ten months away from completion. We will tell them we are in no hurry, as I really don't want it finished before Memorial Day of next year, as to keep it empty for only a short time.

I'm very excited about this phase, and new adventure in our lives. It will be great to have a new house that Morgan and I will be able to set up the way we want to, and make it "ours" for growing old together. And, yes, I'm even excited that my little girl will have a part of the house that she will be able to enjoy, and may not want to leave. :-)

- Hopefully in a year the rates will be lower.
- I see a "smart phone war" coming.
- Goodbye, Tim. You were a good man.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Too bad the deal didn't work out. Building brings its own set of headaches, but it's worth it in the end.

Kellie said...

I know I've already emailed you but I AM SO HAPPY about this building project. I can always go over and check out the process for y'all. HA!!! Y'all are going to be even closer to me!!!! Aren't you excited about that!???