Wednesday, June 11, 2008

double digits.....

Well, that is what Cassie keeps telling us, as today is her 10th birthday. I can't believe it has been ten years. I can still remember Morgan taking three pregnancy tests because there was "no way" she was pregnant. Then on the day before Cassie's birth, I'll never forget us walking three separate malls, because even though Morgan was "ready to go", the hospital was not ready to admit her. Finally, at about 6pm they finally let us into a room, and about 12 hours later our little girl came into our world.

And it has not been the same ever since!

I can't imagine not having her around. Like any parents, we have gone through our "ups and downs" so far, and like any parents, we think our child is the most special in the world. But, in our case, she is. ;-)

We are getting ready to go downtown for Cassie's birthday dinner. She has picked the Corvette Diner for tonight's meal. It is a fun little place, and she like getting her Shirley Temples with many cherries.

Not going to crowd up my girl's special day with ranting. I'll save that for the next posts.

BTW, a big thank you to those of you who publicly or privately congratulated Morgan on her weight loss and the pictures.

- Looks like Paul Newman is battling "C". One of my all-time favorites.
- Woo Hoo! New iPhones!
- US Open is in town. What a traffic mess it is going to be.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CASSIE!!!! Double digits... doesn't seem possible she is now a decade. My how time flies. Give her a hug and kiss from the Fowler clan. Hope she enjoys tonight!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Cassie...I tried to post this last night but something was going on with the comments. Hope she had a great day!