Monday, June 16, 2008

stealing thunder.....

Cassie had a little birthday party with her two good friends from NC last night. They started out at Paradise Pizza (my client), and then went over to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream, before heading back to the hotel for a sleepover. I think it took about twenty minutes before Morgan sent a text message wondering why she agreed to do this. Well, she agreed because it is our only daughter's 10th birthday, but know how those girls act together, let's just say I am not upset I missed it.

Morgan did tell me that the father of one of girls, who we are friends with, just lost his job after many years with the same company. They lived down the block from us, and just had their third child less than a month ago. He is a real nice guy, and I am hoping and praying that something comes up for him in the job market in a quick manner.

So even while on vacation, Morgan has a work issue come up that just set me off (and her too), and just makes me angry. Some of you know Flat Stanley, and those of you who follow these posts know we had Flat Stanley visit us in February / March of this year. Morgan even mentioned it on the air, and he had his picture taken in the studio. Well today she tells me that the point man on the show, CD, has decided to cop the idea as his own, and this summer they will have a "Flat CD" promotion. He told the "bosses" of his idea, and explained that the idea was from a school project for his daughter. So, not just stealing, but lying to top it off.

Morgan said she doesn't want to say anything because she does not want to be told that she is whining or "expletive" (used to nastily describe females who speak up). She says just let it go, and add it to the list. I disagree, but will not argue with her on this. As I have mentioned many times, in general I don't like people, but when you act this way, it just puts you down towards the bottom of the totem pole.

This just makes it so I will now make it a point to avoid any meetings or occasions together, because sometimes I do not have the best "social graces", and can't keep my mouth shut. :-)Especially if it involves my family.

It has been 15+ years since I worked in an office, and it was at a different time in the late 1980's, early 1990's. Is this type of office "behavior" normal? Will people say or do anything? I am afraid before anyone responds, the answer is yes, and that is truly sad.

We actually had a sermon on this subject at church about three or so months ago. Pastor Ken was talking about how as Christians we had to take our beliefs and values into the workplace, and not leaving them at the front desk. That does not mean hitting the guy in the next cubicle with our Bibles, but just remember who we are, even at work. He told us to be honest, do the right thing, help a fellow co-worker, and other core Christian values that sometimes can be forgotten while in the "rat race". Wish Morgan worked with more people who had just one or two of those values.

Morgan looked at some houses with our friend and real estate agent, Debbie, (including the one we wrote a contract for, but that had many problems after inspection), and it looks like we will be dropping away from the one under contact, and are looking more towards new construction in the Johnson Pond area (considered Fuquay-Varina) of Wake County. More on that in the next day or so.

I miss my girls being home!

- Hulk seems to be getting "OK" geek reviews.
- Hug a chimp good for stress?
- It was a great US Open. Feel bad for Rocco.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Raising a ruckus about it will matter nothing in the long run. I'm taking the high road from here on out. Keeping my blinders on with my eyes set on the goal--that's 21 mos from now sitting in my new house with my family. THAT is all that matters to me right now.