Tuesday, June 24, 2008

lots to little "to do's".....

So, I say I have lots to do, but really I have nothing major to do. What I do have is a ton of tiny little projects to finish up and put away. I am over 50% done on the scanning of all clients papers, so the end of this month does not seem realistic, but it will be completed by the end of July (promise). The pile that needs to be done is on my desk, but I just haven't felt like being that bored, as I feed paper into the scanner. :-)

Today, I finally went online and downloaded all of the statements I now get online, and put them in private and office "folders" on the computer. Took longer than I thought, as I did not realize how much stuff we used to get mailed to the house. Now get an email notifying me the statement or invoice is available, look at it, and set up auto payment. Much more simple, and "green".

Last night, Morgan and I finally put in a note the list of needs, and wants (based on cost) of items for the house. We are getting this ranch plan, The Catherine, from a local builder, Sutton Homes. The master bedroom on the sheet is incorrect, as it is actually 13 feet by 17 feet. It looked like a "giant" list, but we really did not ask for anything unusual.

We decided to leave the master, as is, as we were originally going to add 3 feet to it. Instead, we are adding 3 feet to the deck, and having a patio slab poured for the grills, and so we can place a fire pit. We don't want a tub in the master bath, so we are getting an extra large shower. Otherwise, the biggest "add" is the bathroom and walk-in closet for the bonus room, which will be Cassie's room. We were going to do hardwoods throughout, but instead we will carpet the master, and upstairs for Cassie.

Otherwise, it is an upgraded kitchen for Morgan, and we asked for the pricing of many "green" items. Besides a tankless water heater, we asked about bamboo hardwoods, Low-E windows, high efficiency toilets, and simple programmable thermostats.

The other little things are about wiring, gas in kitchen and laundry room, an irrigation system, and other minor "stuff".

I was very happy to discuss with the builder and be told that he uses 30 year roofing shingles, no wood on the corner boards and trim, hardiplank siding, and seamless gutters with no spikes.

Now, you can see why I have been getting nothing done, and the little things keep piling up. :-)

- The Lightning will now be my 2nd favorite team.
- I loved Wacky Packs as a kid.
- So, the Hurricanes resigned Ruutu. Good move.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Wow, I remember as a kid walking to my nearest 7-11 every couple of weeks to get the new pack of "Wacky Pack" cards. I LOVED them!!! Ahhhhhh, memories.....