Friday, June 6, 2008

model wife.....

So if you have been following along (you have been following along, haven't you?), you know I have discussed Morgan's weight loss. It all started back in January 2007, and had accumulated to over 140 pounds lost as of this time. Because she is a "public" figure, and they have discussed her weight loss on the air (They do a weekly update where Morgan gives her weight lost, or some weeks not lost.) others have taken notice of her progress. Including many listeners who tell Morgan that she is an inspiration, and that they are now losing weight because of what she has been doing. Also, it has been picked up by other outlets including our local San Diego Magazine (which I mentioned a week or so ago). Well, on Monday, Morgan met with their photographer at a local park, and had her photo shoot. Included is one of the pictures that was sent to us, and will not be used in the piece. Morgan really enjoyed taking the pictures, and felt very good about them.

Once the article is published, I'll make sure I put a link up so you can see the whole piece on her. I am very proud of my beautiful lady.

Tomorrow, we will be having Cassie's 10th birthday party for her friends from here in San Diego. She is just having them over for swimming and lunch. Cassie's actual birthday is on Wednesday (June 11). I can't believe it has been ten years.

That will be the start of a busy, and I mean busy, day. Once the party is done, Cassie has a performance in a play for the after school drama classes (like she needs to be taught drama) she has been taking. She is the lead character in the play. Once that is over, she then goes off to her last Girl Scout event at the leader's house. The girls are bringing the meals they cooked themselves as the dinner. They must all try each other's meals, and then it is a swim party for the rest of the night.

When all these things started coming together on the same day (we had planned the birthday party well in advance), Morgan and I could not believe how everything was rolling into the one day. The good thing about it, is that once the day is done, our craziness is also done for a while. All I know, is that on Sunday, I am doing nothing.

It is a day old, but Glen Wesley has decided to call it a career. Twenty years in the NHL is a long time, and he has held his own for all of them. He came up as an offensive defenseman for the Boston Bruins, and spent his last 13 years with the Whalers/Hurricanes. A real nice guy.

- Our greatest generation. D-Day remembered.
- This is the one thing I don't miss about NC, heat?
- Congratulations to the Red Wings. Season over does not mean I'll write less about hockey.

Until the next time.....

5 comments:

Kellie said...

I, too, am so proud of Morgan. I told her I was "beaming" with her!!! She looks AWESOME!

Happy Birthday to Cassie Girl!! I can't believe she is ten, either. Didn't I JUST teach her???? I know the day will be crazy but it sounds like lots of fun. :)

Glen's a great guy... he'll be missed on the ice but I am glad he is staying with the franchise. Did you see they are retiring his jersey? I thought that was really nice.

The HEAT... whew... it is not fun.

Heather said...

I read, but don't usually leave comments, but I just had to say congrats to Morgan! She has always been beautiful, though! I'm not sure I would recognize her if I bumped into her on the street! She should be extremely proud of herself, and I hope she has gone on (and will continue to go on) many shopping sprees!

Happy Birthday to Cassie, too!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Kellie - yes, I saw about Glen's jersey. I think it's great.

Heather - thanks. Morgan really appreciates yours and Casey's support.

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Congratulations to Morgan!!! I know it is tough to make that lifestyle change.

You can't see me, but I am doing my Yosemite Sam dance and firing my pistols into the air. ;-)

Laura said...

Congrats to Morgan! She's stunning. I'm hoping to be able to do what she did in the near future, starting this morning actually. I hope I look half as good as she does when I'm done.