Saturday, June 14, 2008

our old cat.....

Last night we celebrated Father's Day early and had dinner in the section of San Diego called Old Town. It is a very nice place to eat and wander around for an evening. We were even entertained by the Mariachi Band that plays at the restaurant. Overall, a nice quiet time with Morgan and Cassie before they left this morning for North Carolina.

When we returned home, Morgan mentioned that our oldest cat, Leo, was wobbling around, and fell over when standing on the bed. He had been better since we increased his medicine, but he is over 17 years old now, so things like this should not surprise us. I took him to the vet this morning, and the good thing is he is in no pain, but we need to watch him as this could start getting worse. Him, being in no pain was a relief to me, and he is "careful" as he moves around, so as long as he is only slow, and not endangering himself, he should be able to hang around with us for a while longer.

So, that's how my few days on my own started. I plan on getting close to done on the scanning of client information these next few days, and I am planning on getting started into the game, Mass Effect, which is a science fiction role playing game (RPG). Also, because I am on my own, I will be able to take the motorcycle out for my trips around town, including when I go to church tonight, which I am sure will get a smile from our Harley loving Pastor, Harry.

Still upset about Tim Russet's death from yesterday, and will probably be for a while, especially with tomorrow being Sunday. The tributes being done on the different news outlets (not just NBC) were very nice. Morgan and I must have watched them for three hours.

Thanks to "anonymous" for reading and posting yesterday. I knew there were lurkers out there besides my Geezer Gaming buddies. Anonymous was commenting on Morgan being in a "man's industry" and the way she is sometimes ignored. She goes through the same thing as she is in law enforcement. Don't know anything about her, but just for being in law enforcement, a big "thank you". Your work, where ever you are is appreciated.

I guess what bothers me most about Morgan's situation (and my ranting yesterday) is that she is completely professional in her job, knows and does what needs to be done, and it is many times overlooked. She never handled news before starting at KSON, but she knew what was needed, and got right into it. She injects her personality (which was part of her trouble), but gets the information needed out to the listeners in a "likable" manner. You wanted Morgan Thomas, you got her. You wanted Morgan Thomas to do news, well you got that. If you wanted an news reader, there were thousands of others with no personality or professionalism you could have hired.

Also, in every job she has had, she is always the most informed of her group in what is going on "today", and what is important to the main audience. I am amazed that the people she works with, don't read a paper, follow any news, or know what is "in" for their audience. You are on public radio, people. Talking to people, not just your own little isolated world. That is especially annoying, when she does bring something fun and relevant, and gets these blank stares from her colleagues. Instead, she is told to talk about "real mommy" stuff like shopping and cooking, and not the fact that you play Rock Band for 5 hours with her daughter and husband.

Don't even get me started when she starts discussing relevant sport topics, and gets even worse looks of confusion on the faces looking back at her.

But you know what is the most annoying? It's when that information that she has brought to the table is taken by someone else, and then used for their benefit, and they take the credit. That has happened too many times to count, and if she does step herself up about it, she is told that she sounds whiny, and insecure, and I am sure other words that won't be mentioned here.

Ugh! I don't want to say anymore at this point, as it will just bring more of the bile up, and maybe cause an unnecessary problem. Bottom line is that she is loved and appreciated for the job she has done these past 25 years by me, her daughter, and close friends. As for the others, who cares.....

- Ahh, good old TV Land channel
- my favorite adult comic
- I know. You don't like soccer.

Until the next time.....

3 comments:

Morgan said...

If I could reach you right now, I would *smooch* you! Thank you for the kind words, baby. You two have always been the most supportive in everything I do. I hope that's true when I retire and am kickin' around the house all day driving you crazy!!! ; )

Sal Cartusciello said...

I count down the days until that happens!!!

Th3Guns1ing3r said...

Break it up!

;-P