Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day.....

Another third Sunday in June, another final round of the US Open, so it is another Father's Day. My 11th day for a father, while it is my friend, Casey's first. To me it really is not different than any other day. I feel extremely lucky every day because of daughter, Cassie. I am blessed to have her as my child.

This "holiday" is just another day for me to miss my dad. I don't think about missing him everyday, but I do think about him quite a bit. He passed away in October 1995, so he only got to know Morgan for a little while, and never met his granddaughter. He would have loved spending time with both of them.

Morgan and Cassie got to NC safely, and they are getting their busy few days started. They are meeting Morgan's mom for lunch at the NC Museum. Then a little later today, Cassie will be meeting up with a couple of friends for her NC 10th birthday party. After that, Morgan gets to be in charge of the three girls as they have a sleepover at the hotel where Morgan & Cassie are staying.

I miss them not being around, and not just because it is Father's Day. I just like having them near.

Happy Father's Day to all of you dads out there. Hope your day is / was great.

- A very nice tribute for Tim Russert.
- Water does unbelievable damage.
- 20 years since Bull Durham? Still as great today.

Until the next time.....

No comments: