Friday, June 27, 2008

going riding.....

I started work on the new client I mentioned yesterday, and it is a mess. Not terrible, but when the old accounting form is a CPA firm from Richmond, Virginia, I am expecting a lot better work. There are numbers not "tied in", and the payroll report sheets are not detailed enough to give the employees all the proper information. Also, there are some numbers that have me scratching my head, and wondering what they were thinking. I had to send a long e-mail to the owners, and seeing that the old accountant is family, I had to be a little gentle. But, because it is me, not too gentle. :-)

Morgan and I are almost done with the builder on our want/needs/afford list. We really have not gone overboard, and are now at the stage of just "tweaking" a few items. I would say in a week or so, we should be getting the final papers to start the process.

There is a local HOG meeting tonight. The last time we went was in January, but Morgan thought it would be a good idea if we made an appearance, so we will. I'm going to ride there which will mean a ride back towards dark, but it is only 20 miles away, so it will be OK.

On Sunday morning, the church group, Eternal Riders, will be having our monthly ride. Not sure where we are going, as I think they are waiting to see how warm it is supposed to be. You stay away from the east part of the county when the temperatures rise, and stay mid county or coastal.

Then on Monday, Harley-Davidson is promoting Million Mile Monday. They are looking for all HD riders to put one million miles on the road through their commute or pleasure this Monday. Seeing as I don't have a commute, I will try to get 20 miles or so on the seat to help add to the number. I will be interested to see the actual number that shows up for the day.

- Happy retirement, Mr. Gates.
- Didn't know Top Gun was filmed at this place in SD.
- Any Americans watching this? It has been great soccer.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Sounds good about the house plans... I know y'all are excited. :)

Sorry about the confusion with the client... I know that stinks!

Enjoy your rides this weekend. You are such a pro now on that Harley. :)