Saturday, November 17, 2007

swim meet........

Cassie had her first swim meet today. Having to be there at 7am for a 9am start time was a bit of a shock, but the kids need time to warm up, etc. Cassie was nervous but did great. She took part in three events (backstroke, butterfly and freestyle), all at 50 meters (2 lengths of this pool). She needs to learn to dive into the pool with her hands and not her belly (ouch!), but she will be fine with more practice. The event was pretty organized, and it was a good day for all of us. Just need to get used to the schedule. The kids might be in the pool for 5 minutes, yet be at the event for 5 hours. I learned that I need more books.

Heading over to the 6pm church service tonight. We figured it might be a little more intimate than the large amount of people on Sunday morning (yes, even at 8:30am there has been a crowd). Have not been to a Saturday evening service since I was 18 and still a Catholic at St. Anthony's Church in Oceanside, New York.

I noticed that gas prices were quick to rise almost 20 cents or more ($3.40 for regular here in San Diego) when the price per barrel shot up to $98. I have not seen it come back down since it leveled back at $91 a barrel. Why is that?

The Hurricanes try to right the ship tonight against the Florida Panthers at the RBC Center. A scheduling quirk has them playing back to back nights at home. Sure hope they have some life in them tonight. Back to back home losses would not be a good thing.

About half way through my Halo 3 solo campaign. I may yet save the world. :-)

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Woohoo for Cassie! Glad her swim meet went well. :)

Tell me how you think the 6 pm service is tonight. :)

I'll be listening to the Ten Tenors tonight at Memorial Auditorium so you'll have to let me know about the 'Canes. lol

Sal Cartusciello said...

The 6pm service went well. It is the same as the Sunday service, except the pastor is in jeans. Not kidding! The service combines a Bible study with the scripture for the day. I like it.

The Canes game was not on any TV, so I had to get my updates through ESPN. Seemed they played well.