Saturday, November 24, 2007

that was quick.....

Well, Morgan took the initiative yesterday afternoon, and called to confront her mother. I think how Morgan responded Thursday, and then her calling surprised her mother, and she backtracked from her statements. She claims they (along with Morgan's brother) were concerned that she had had surgery without telling anyone, and wanted to make sure she was being checked by a doctor. All well and good, but still does not explain the nasty way things were said on Thursday. This was enough to ease Morgan's mind, so for now things are settled. I'm glad she feels a little better about the situation.

Was lazy on Friday, but made up for it today. After dropping Cassie at swim practice, I hit Home Depot (regular stuff), and then Target and Circuit City to finish the Sal/Morgan/Cassie shopping. Now we just need to get a few things for extended family, and we'll probably do most of that online. Found the game Cassie wanted (Game of Life: Twist n Shout edition), and a couple of High School Musical CDs at Target, and got a High Def DVD player for our bedroom at Circuit City (was $100 off). Ordered Planet Earth from Amazon, and we are done for each other. Should be finished by December 1st, woo hoo!

Morgan and Cassie started decorating. Tomorrow they will tackle the tree. It is just not the same without the "chill" in the air. Windows open in November is my kind of weather, but it is funny after 41 years on the east coast to see lights on Palm trees.

I did save the world the other night, and completed the solo missions of Halo 3. Was not as spectacular of an ending as I would have liked, but it was good. I really should read all the Halo novels to piece things together.

Played Rock Band with our friend Kim and her son on Thursday night. We had a blast. Cassie played vocals, while I was on guitar, and Kim and her son switched between drums and bass guitar. Next thing we knew it was 10:30 and we had been at it for 2 hours.

The Hurricanes had been giving me fits lately, and I thought last night was going to be another one. Came downstairs to eat with them down 3-1 after 2 periods. They did not looks good. Well something (or someone, Coach Pete) lit a fire under them and they scored 3 in the 3rd period to win 4-3. The old man, Glen Wesley scored the game winner. They are in Washington tonight, and I hope that fire is still lit.

My friend, Kellie, made her "thankful" list, and with the Morgan/mom time, I did not mention mine yesterday. After thinking about it, I should have and not let the negative take over, but hey, it's my space. So...

- Morgan & Cassie: They mean everything to me, and my love for them grows each and every day.
- My mental health: Now that I am happy with myself, and "see" things better, I am better.
- Morgan's happiness: Her being happy with herself (job & personal) is a great thing to see and be a part of.
- My relationship with God: It is not as strong and close as others, but it is getting there slowly, but surely. This has taken a long time, and even though it is slow, I like how things are going.
- My friends: I only have a couple of real close one, and then just a few like I like being with (that sounds terrible), but those that I have really mean a lot to me.
- Extended family: I may not want to spend all times with them, but it does not mean I don't love and think about them. Some have large, some have none, but I feel what I have is "just right".
- Being able to ride my motorcycle: It may get some "eyes rolling", but the feeling I get when on the bike is something I wish I had felt 20 years ago.
- Working: I enjoy my work and my career. Taxes are not glamorous, but I know that I am helping people is a small way, and they appreciate it.
- My life: It is not always perfect, and I may not be exactly where I want to be right now, but I am blessed to be here with the 2 most important people in my life, and blessed to have friends I stay in contact with, so life is good. Not much more you can ask or be thankful for.

Until the next time.....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

So glad to hear Morgan settled things with her Mom. :)

I enjoyed reading your thankful list. God is good and I am glad that you are moving closer to Him. :)

Happy to know you saved the world, Sal... one Halo at a time, huh? (I really have no idea what I am talking about, which I am sure you already guessed, but you know how I am with video games... lol)

Enjoy the lighted palm trees. Look on my blog soon and you'll see the famous Fowler Christmas tree. lol

I am impressed you are almost done with shopping. I have a big chunk taken care of but not finished. :sigh:

Sending hugs to you, my friend!!

Sal Cartusciello said...

Yes, I am also glad I am getting closer to God. There will be more on that soon.

Halo 3 is the end of a trilogy of games. They are also good novels (if you like sci-fi).

Look forward to the tree pictures. I'll have ours up in a post sometime next week.

Talk with you later.