Wednesday, November 14, 2007

my HOGette.....

The local Harley Owners Group (HOG) meeting was last night. This was my first one in San Diego, and I only got to three while in Raleigh. They are a very nice group. As with all HOG chapters, there are many fund raising efforts during the year. One such event was on Saturday (11/10) to celebrate Veterans' Day. Along with the weekly BBQ at the SDHD dealership, the chapter held a bake sale to raise money so we can buy gifts for a children's' hospital this Christmas. Morgan made a load of items, and we went to help out. Little did we know that our daughter would be such a good salesperson. We made over $430 from the event, and Cassie must have sold almost $300 of it. The other members were so impressed they gave her a HOG shirt, and last night at the meeting surprised her with a "Volunteer Pin", that is given for volunteering above and beyond. I am very proud of her.

This motorcycle and the HOG chapter has now become a "family thing". Morgan likes the people in the group, and the ladies that are associated with it and is going to join HOG as an associate member under my membership. So, even though she does not ride, she will be able to attend all of our functions. Now as for my daughter, she claims she wants to learn to ride, then she can be her own HOG member. Check back when she is 18, and we'll see.

Not much work this time of year, so I started a new project. I am almost done converting all of my clients files from paper to scanned items. No need to keep paper around anymore, and it is so easy to back up the computer and these files, I wish I started this years ago. I need to complete one more business client, and then I am only left with personal income tax files. It has been tedious, but it will be well worth it when I am finished. I ahve added this to my business and personal life as well by changing all my "paper bills" over to "e-bills". The exciting life of a tax accountant.

Until the next time........

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Yay, Cassie!! Tell her I am proud of her! :)

You are so computer saavy with the e-bills... I am quite impressed. :)