Sunday, November 18, 2007

time difference.....

If there is one thing that I have not adjusted to, and I'm not sure I will ever adjust to, is the 3 hour time difference between the east and west coast. Especially if you are a sports fan. That might sound trivial, but trying to get things done to watch a NFL game at 10am on Sunday morning, college football at 9am on Saturdays, or trying to not see a Hurricanes score because the game starts at 4pm is getting frustrating. Again, I know it sounds silly, but when you add trying to stay in contact with friends (no texting Casey at 9pm, because he is long asleep, and Cassie must remember to call her NC friends by 5pm our time), then add that 95% of my business is on the east coast, it can be a bit of a pain.

I have already decided to time shift my day come January for tax season, so I will be getting up at 4am to try and be in the office by 5:30 or 6am to stay in sync with a majority of clients. It is only 3 months, so I should be OK with it as long as I stay disciplined in going to sleep early.

OK, enough kvetching. Went to a Saturday evening service at our church. There was a nice, small crowd, and the service and Bible study portions were the same as a Sunday. The biggest difference was Pastor Ray being dressed in blue jeans with an untucked button down dress shirt. Some might have been bothered, but to me, as long as your clothes are clean, tasteful and fits you well, then that is more important than what is worn. The service and his study had no less meaning to me then on Sunday when he wears a tie.

For full disclosure, I have not tucked in a dress shirt or worn a tie more than a dozen times in the past 15 years, so Pastor Ray's dress actually made me feel a little more comfortable with him.

No school this whole week. Must be a California thing. They start school the before Labor Day, and don't get out until the 3rd week of June. They have weeks off all over the calender, and the private school we are looking at follows the public school calender, so it will be the same no matter which school Cassie attends. Back in my day..... :-)

The Hurricanes won 2-1 last night. They had to kill almost 2 1/2 minutes of being 2 men down in the 3rd period (with 2 of our best PKer's, Rod Brind'Amour & Glen Wesley in the box), and were able to do it and win the game. Like to see some more offense from them, but I'll take the win after the prior game.

Until the next time.....

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Time difference kills me, too... when I am getting your stuff I realize you either haven't awakened yet or are out and about getting Cassie. lol :) I'll look forward to January. I'll try to make it a habit of calling you at 7:00 my time to see if you are ready for work yet. HA!!

Glad the service went well for you last night. :) Tell me some things you are learning. Would love to chat about them. :)

Miss ya!