Tuesday, November 13, 2007

little more info please...

OK, two days in a row. This is a good start. Yesterday's post gave an idea what the blog is about, so today I figured a little more background on me might help in understanding what the heck I will be writing about.

In September 2007, my family relocated to San Diego, CA. This is related to my wife's primary job (morning show host on a SD radio station). She has had the job since March 2004, and had been "commuting" between SD and Raleigh, NC (where she is from, and we have lived since 1993) for a week each month since July 2005. What happened between March 2004 & July 2005? Well, that is for another posting (probably a real long one :-) ).

I like it here in San Diego, but it is a slow process for me. Friends, family, church, school, and clients are mostly on the east coast. It has taken an adjustment by me to get used to that, but also not let those far away to slip away. That would not be good for me.

I got to Raleigh in 1993 after living in New York (specifically Long Island) for pretty much my entire life. Born in Brooklyn, and moved to West Babylon when I was three. Then to Oceanside when I was ten, then the Port Jefferson area when I was twenty. Met my wife in 1990, and after a couple of NY winters, she asked if we could move "home". We did, and looking back, I can't believe how easy of a move it was for me. Raleigh in 1993 was a lot more "southern" then it is now with the influx of people, and even though it was a little "bumpy" at first for this "New Yawker" (have not lost a drop of my NY accent), I really enjoy it there.

So this is where I am, and a that is how I got here (short version). A hockey loving New Yorker, from North Carolina in San Diego.

More about me in the coming days. First, congrats to my boys, the Carolina Hurricanes, for a 4-3 win over the Florida Panthers last night. Erik Cole was taken off on a stretcher, but wasreleased from the hospital and able to fly with the team, so it might not be as bad as it looked.

Today it is an easy day, so a ride will probably be worked into the day. Only other event is the local Harley Owners Group (HOG) meeting is tonight.

Until the next time........

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I can vouch that you have not lost the accent... lol NC may not be as "southern" as it used to be but this friend of yours still has hers quite thick, you know. :) Good info, there... some of which even I didn't know!! Keep writin'.. I am enjoying it. :)