Saturday, February 16, 2008

better pictures.....

OK, here are some better pictures of the view from around the corner of the house. I brought my camera with me when I went to the bank Friday morning, and took these on the way back to the house. This of course got some looks from the people living on the that part of the street.

Not much going on except work and more work. What a surprise for an accountant in February. So far, I have not caught any of the variety of different "bugs" my clients brought over to the house on Wednesday night.

It seems somebody saw my ad who is a pilot. They sent an email with some questions, which I answered. Next thing I know, he gave my name to another pilot, and that gentleman sent an email asking about my services. That works for me, but neither has set an appointment yet. That happens, though. I will get a phone call asking about my services, and it may be 2 or 3 weeks later before they set up the appointment.

I have prepared returns for other pilots, and they have some different expenses because of their overnight stays in different cities, but nothing too complicated. Funny thing is I asked both where they saw my ad (either the monthly local, or through HOG), and neither answered that question. Strange.

One of my clients in Atlanta who has a rental beach house in Virginia, has convinced a friend who has two rentals to use me for income taxes. Supposedly, this gentleman has complained to my client about his accountant for the past couple of years, but would not switch. I hope I don't have clients who don't like my services, but keep coming back anyway.

The big news on the Carolina Hurricanes front, is the season (hopefully not career) ending injurt to our Captain, Rod Brind'Amour. He tore up his ACL, and has at least 6 months of recovery in front of him. It is the same injury that happened to Justin Williams back in November. With Cory Stillman traded, and Glen Wesley not being too vocal of a guy, I am hoping that Eric Staal will take it personally and help lead the team on its playoff drive.

Have my first motorcycle ride with the church group, Eternal Riders, tomorrow morning. They are planning a nice long ride to take advantage of the weather. We had some mudslides after Thursday's rains, so they might have to change the route they had planned.

Have to get ready for church services soon, so I need to wrap up.

- I am surprised this does not happen more often.
- Aquaman's car
- I want them and U2 (and Tom Petty, and Bon Jovi, etc.) in Rock Band, not just Guitar Hero.

Until the next time.....

No comments: